Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting with a 870 with a Primos Tightwad choke and shooting Nitro Blends of 4 x 5 x 7s. This year I bought a Browning BPS 12 gauge lnvector Plus and was looking for some first hand experience on choke and shells(prefer Nitro).

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I shoot a Paternmaster out of my Browning 12 ga. "extended range" and a "Long range" out of my 10ga. BPS they work very well for both turkeys and waterfowl! :up:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
The rhino, jellyhead or Indian creek all patterned very well in my brownings with nitro or the hevi blends.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Lot of chokes out there that are good. I shoot a .670 rob roberts. It shot 4x5x7's nitros pretty good. I'd look at nitros website like Arkrem said or call rob roberts and talk to him. You'll be hard pressed to find someone who patterns more and different loads every year as him. Jmo for what it's worth

·
Registered
229 Posts
The jelly head and hevi shot chokes shoot the Nitros and mag blends best out of my Browning Silver turkey gun.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I shot a Kick's Gobblin Thunder out of my Browning and I still shoot one on my Remington Super Mag. I used #6's and it was deadly to 50 yards, wouldn't shoot one past that, too many things go wrong after that distance.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Jelly head .670 with 3 1/2 nitros is devasting. Haven't stretched it out, but it will literally "jelly" a head at 30- to the point of almost severing. I shoot a maxus. Have killed 6 Arkansas birds with it so far and it patterns a lot better than magnums and .660 jelly head with my 870.

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,501 Posts
Rhino or Jellyhead .670 Pretty much the same choke but the Jellyhead is blued and the Rhino is anodized. This is 4x5x7 and .670 Rhino. 339 pellets in a 10'' circle at 40 yds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts