Broke 100 coyotes today

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by gregh, Jan 8, 2011.

1. gregh

gregh Well-Known Member

I finally caught number 100 for the year today.

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

Wow. 100 Yotes trapped in a year is an awesome feat. Congrats!

3. Keep up the good work! You, no doubt, are helping the turkey population rebound! :thumb:

4. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

WOW! Congratulations!

5. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Thats a lot of yotes :thumb:

6. gregh

gregh Well-Known Member

Yes it helps the turkey population. That is how I am able to get on all of the deer leases in south Arkansas. All I have to do is tell them I will help there turkey population and they are glad to have me on there lease.

7. natestep

natestep Well-Known Member

Catch em all!!!!!!!!!

8. n2deer

n2deer Well-Known Member

Good job man I hope you kill many more in the future. :up::up::up:

9. Damascus-Doug

Damascus-Doug Well-Known Member

Way to go! That is a nice goal to hit.

10. fisherman

fisherman Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne

Good job, I'm only 99 behind:thumb:

11. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

Thank you,

but is there an economic reason for this? Does it pay?

12. nickl

nickl Well-Known Member

I wish they would not let anybody trap on plubic ground.I dont want to find my squirrel dogs in a trap.If i do there will be hell :mad: Im glad that your killing the yotes i hate them.JUST WISH they would not trap on plubic land

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  13. bbauer

bbauer Member<br>2009 Predator Contest Winner

Doesn't that go both ways? Maybe you shouldn't run your dog on public
    ground????

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  14. gregh

gregh Well-Known Member

Nick: in you statment you stated you wished no one trapped public ground, well it is public and I am part of the public, so I have the right to legally trap the ground just like you have a right to hunt the ground. You also stated that if someone caught you dog it would be hell to pay, you may want to think about what you say. If my trap is legaly set on any ground and you messed with it I would have you arrested. That is my trap and you have no reason to mess with it. If you are in CONTROLL of your dog while hunting in the woods and he gets in a legally set trap in the woods there should be no damage to him what so ever. What bothers me about dogs is most people are not responsiable dog owners and will not keep there dog up but want fuss at me when I catch there dog 2 miles from there house on a lease I have permission to trap. The dog does not have permission to be there but people think they can let there dogs just run all over other peoples land.

15. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

That says it all right there, and it is the truth. I get so sick of all the neighbors dogs running all over my land, turning over trash cans and digging the trash out etc. Owners don't have any responsibility for it, but they also let the dogs run free.

I'm about to start live trapping them and then run them to the dog pound and have the owner pick them up there.

Congrats on your trapping also,

16. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

100 yotes - that is great. If you have never trapped, you will not understand what an accomplishment this is. What type of set/lure are you using. I need all the help I can get on the yotes.

17. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Congrats on 100 :up: awsome job.

18. gregh

gregh Well-Known Member

Swamp cat PM me if you want to know what I use.