Broadwater ramp

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by browning5, Dec 19, 2010.

1. browning5

browning5 Well-Known Member

I went to the river yesterday to go check a spot and the parking lot looked like a dumpster exploded. How hard is it to not throw your trash on the ground or pick it up if you drop it. :down:

2. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I've never understood it, myself. Just look at the road ditches....:down:

3. cacheman

cacheman Well-Known Member

It really shouldn't be that hard should it? How highs the water btw?

4. quack-n-stack

quack-n-stack Well-Known Member

Water is low and I think the ducks have learned to read game and fish signs! All the ducks I've seen on the river Were on private ground! Lol!! But with that being said I'm not seeing hardly any ducks! Anyone else haven that prob? I was set up on sat down river from broadwater boat ramp if anyone came through about six o'clock and had someone shining a spotlight at you it was me! I overheard you say "that's the hole I wanted" as you passed by! I was trying to get your attention to tell you you'll were more than welcome to hunt with us if you wanted! Sorry bout that wasn't trying to be disrespectful!!!

5. cacheman

quack did you kill any ducks? were you hunting on the river?

6. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what the water at round pond is like at broadwater? I havent hunted it in about 5 years. wouldnt mind trying it during the week somtime this year. I kind of cut my teeth duck hunting there

7. quack-n-stack

quack-n-stack Well-Known Member

Cache I didn't work a single mallard! Had an olnfashion woody shoot was about it! I ain't seeing any ducks! You?

8. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

I heard the 1st trucks are showing up there at 9:30 the night before. So i wouldnt be going if i was you

9. fmanley

fmanley Well-Known Member

Some of the guys i have hunted out there with have been getting there at 5:30 pm the night before...

10. cacheman

Quack I havn't been up since Thanksgiving and I didn't even go then. We have no water in our hole. I'm thinking about taking up Coyote hunting this year. I wonder what kind of rent some of those early birds would pay for a cabin just a little ways down the river, where their boat could already be in the water?

11. browning5

browning5 Well-Known Member

Bite your tongue!!!!!:down: :fit::fit::fit:

12. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you guys are joking or not, but me and my buds are having a really spotty year. We are seeing ducks, enough to get limits, they just aren't working like last year. Never the less, its fun to walk the flooded timber or lay on the banks of the river! Just wish we had more water in the mighty white river.