Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed from a WB to a drop away and now when I shoot broadheads they hit about 2" low. When I had the WB on they both shot the same POI. I am wondering if I need to tweak something. There are no nocks on my string just a loop. Any suggetions would be welcome. I am shooting 100 gr. magnum slick tricks and of course 100 gr. field points.

·
Banned
385 Posts
Eastons tuning guide will fix it.......it's tedious but worth it.:thumb:

Sounds like even though.....you, yourself did not change your knocking point it changed when you changed rests. No need to untie your loop......find out which way you need to turn it to get your serving threads to act like a screw and twist it in the direction you need it to go.

·
Registered
19,146 Posts
YOur saying the field tips still shoot the same and tricks are 2" low, consistant? If thats the case. I would say don't adjust your bow. I shot tricks and they shot a little low for some reason also. They say they shoot like field points but not in my bow. I adjusted my sight when I hunted with them. Just like regular broad heads.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The tuning guide mentioned above is a great resource. I would raise my rest about 1/32 at a time. Each adjustment will raise your point of impact. The broadheads will be affected more than the field points. You should be able to get your field points & broadheads to impact the same. Then simply adjust the gang on your sight and you're good to go!

I've not had a bow/rest combo that I couldn't accomplish that with yet.

hd

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went from a 400 spine to a 340 spine and all is well. No adjustments to anything on the bow. Problem solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts