Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is going to be a lot of debate and disagreements over this but what do you all shoot? Fixed or mechanical and what brand? Also multi pin vs single pin sights. Which do you think is better overall? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dead ringer rampage 3-blade, it's a fixed blade 7/8 of an inch cut then open to 1.5 inch cut, best of both worlds. For a sight, I like the CBE sniper, it's a 5 pin, my shots are usually with in 25 yards so it's plenty. I also have a sight tape so I can adjust my bottom pin from 55 to 80. I will probably never shoot a deer that far, but It's fun to practice at long range. So I pretty much have the best of both worlds on either. I'm not saying my broadheads or sight are the best, it's just what I'm using right now.

·
Registered
Bow
8,154 Posts
I'm shooting the 100 grain 1-1/8" wide Helix two blade single bevel broadheads. They are fixed blade heads that fly exactly like field points. Penetration potential is as good as anything on the market so not getting two holes through a deer would be a rare occurance. For my sight, I'm using an Axcel Armortech five pin. That way I can practice out to 60 yards to keep my form sharp and make the average shot distances feel slam-dunk easy. I don't know what's best. I just know these work very well for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.