Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to bag a good Tom opening morning with my shotgun. Now, I want to get a little big for my britches and try to stick one with my bow. I didnt want to blow 40.00 on a Gobbler Guillotine so a buddy gave me some Adder points to put behind my 100gr. 2 blade Magnus broadheads. He says it will help keep the arrow from makeing a complete pass through. I also have some 100 gr. Muzzy 3 blade broadheads that I could use. Im just not sure which to use. My question is, has anyone ever used either of these with success and where should I aim on the turkey.

My instinct is just below and behind where the neck meets the body. I plan to use a pop up blind, I dont think Im sneaky enough yet to draw on a bird without some kind of ground blind or brush blind.

Any advice is appreciated. :head:

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts
I was lucky enough to bag a good Tom opening morning with my shotgun. Now, I want to get a little big for my britches and try to stick one with my bow. I didnt want to blow 40.00 on a Gobbler Guillotine so a buddy gave me some Adder points to put behind my 100gr. 2 blade Magnus broadheads. He says it will help keep the arrow from makeing a complete pass through. I also have some 100 gr. Muzzy 3 blade broadheads that I could use. Im just not sure which to use. My question is, has anyone ever used either of these with success and where should I aim on the turkey.

My instinct is just below and behind where the neck meets the body. I plan to use a pop up blind, I dont think Im sneaky enough yet to draw on a bird without some kind of ground blind or brush blind.

Any advice is appreciated. :head:
I have heard to shoot them About 3 inches back from where the wing attaches to the body.Never done it,..But thats what I was told.
Or in the head if your good enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.