Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,537 Posts
I saw some puppies in the classifieds this weekend. Said they were from hunting bloodlines. I want to say $350. I cant remember if it was in the Democrat Gazette or the NWA Times.
Good luck. I really like brittanies, and I almost decided to go ahead and get one a few years back, but I decided that trying to train/keep a bird dog just isnt worth it for me as far as I am from any wild birds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hobbs. I called about the pups in the paper this weekend. They sound nice, but I am looking for a litter that will be ready about Christmas. I'm looking to get one as a pet for my kids mostly. I plan on trying to get it to point birds and hunting it, but that is not the main purpose. There's not enough birds around here to warrant keeping one for that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
brittanys

marcus,

deion sanders has a brittany pup i think a year old he is started points good
and comes from good hunting blood. i hunt wild birds with the pups mother
she can do it all. i have 3 brits . 2 finished dogs and one of their pups.from different bloodlines .
deion also has a hunting preserve to watch the dog work. i'd say he'd be glad to show him for you. his info is northark quail viola, ar. 870 421 2487. he's a straight shooter on his dogs.
do you have dogs?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I don't have any bird dogs. This will be mostly a pet for my kids, so I am looking for a puppy for them to raise. I plan on trying to hunt it some, but I've never trained one in my life. I've always had treedogs.

Is this the same Deion Sanders that team ropes?

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes it is. small world. one of us should have alitter this year after bird season
but that's probably not soon enough, probably spring. deion may know someone with pups. sorry i could not help. enjoy the pup if you find one.they are great dogs, some however suffer from seperation anxiety when left alone
and can tear up jack. they also are full of energy, require lots of exercise
and time outside running. most are natural bird dogs, easiest to train in my opinion. there are also two different breeds of brittany french and american
i have both. french are smaller breed multiple colors orange black white any combo thereof. american ,orange white,some liverand whiteand i have seen some roan colored american brits. good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, I've known Deion for years. He may not remember me, but I grew up at Marshall and did alot of roping. I haven't roped much in the last 8 years just practiced some here and there. I appreciate all the information. If you find out about a litter, let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i will second the high energy!!! after having labs my entire life i got this little brit. hope you have some room for him to run!! that little dog wont quit. he occasionally goes to doggie daycare where he will run the rest of the dogs into the ground and be lookin for more. natural hunter. he ponted a wing on a flyrod the first time i showed it to him. the retrieving was a little harder. until i attached a birdwing to the dummy. they demand a ton of attention!!!!! be forewarned! that would be my only complaint with him. have fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.