Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
I have about 200 brass cases that look very similar to what we used in the M60 machinegun[7.62]in Nam....I picked up in a certain gravel pit....they have LC 99 stamped in the case. It looks to be 7mm....you can just slip a round pencil into the projectile end. Somebody maybe will look up the stamp, I just haven't had the time. I also have the belting.

·
Administrator
87,241 Posts
I have about 200 brass cases that look very similar to what we used in the M60 machinegun[7.62]in Nam....I picked up in a certain gravel pit....they have LC 99 stamped in the case. It looks to be 7mm....you can just slip a round pencil into the projectile end. Somebody maybe will look up the stamp, I just haven't had the time. I also have the belting.
LC99 is Lake City ammunition plant, 99 is the year they were made. Sounds like 7.62 NATO. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of it.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
LC99 is Lake City ammunition plant, 99 is the year they were made. Sounds like 7.62 NATO. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of it.
That'd be what we fired in the M60 machinegun....I used to steal a supply of tracers to use in my M14....never knew when Air might ask you to mark a target with tracer fire:biggrin::up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.