Boykin

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by rambored, Jun 12, 2020.

1. rambored

rambored Well-Known Member

I have raised Chesapeakes all my life, and at 71 have got, probably, my last dog. I duck less than earlier in my life, deer hunt a little, and grew up quail and woodcock hunting in South Louisiana. I am pretty sure that between my property in NE LA and area around my deer lease in Gurdon there are enough woodcock and quail to hunt. I am interested in other Boykin owners. Sam is 10 weeks old and from south east Mississippi. Sam.jpg

kerrtw, bowhunter23, AR1527 and 5 others like this.
  2. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Those seem like cool dogs. Where'd you get him?

3. AR1527

AR1527 Well-Known Member

I really enjoy mine! She would have made a great retriever if she had an owner that knew what they were doing. She never really cared for ducks but I didn’t take her very many times. She absolutely loves doves and I’m hoping to get her on a few this year.

Here she is in her prime
    1617AA91-A6DD-4465-9E54-9D5746A3AA9B.jpeg

But she’s busy being a couch potato now days.
    EEFF90FF-D30F-42DB-994B-1AF70ED0FB7D.jpeg

4. rambored

Red Creek Kennels South Mississippi

Hobbshunter likes this.
  5. Deerinthawoods

Deerinthawoods Well-Known Member

I really like what I have read about these dogs but don’t have any first hand experience with them. They can do a lot from retrieving to blood trailing, they’re tolerant of the heat and good with children. Very likely the next dog I will get.

6. clover patch

clover patch Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winner<br>20

EA3AD62C-E06C-4DF0-BDCF-4FCA12D26E52.jpeg
    She is 7 months old. Boykins have a lot of energy. She is real birdy. Great family dogs. My wife has spoiled this one from day one.

7. Deerinthawoods

Deerinthawoods Well-Known Member

She’s purdy

8. rambored

Sam is 4 months today. Just starting to show a lot of interest in the squirrels and rabbits in the back yard. Has a REALLY good nose! Seems to like retrieving. Formal training starts soon. He needs more water time.