Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to bow hunt within Little Rock City Limits? I have found a spot that looks pretty good. I'm not completely sure if it's within the city limits either. Anyone know where I can look at a map of the LR city limits (preferable online)?? The place is pretty close to the Pulaski county line but has a LR mailing address so it may not be in the city limits. Thanks gang. :up:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure that you can not hunt within the city limits of Little Rock unless someone knows something that I don't. Unfortunatly, since this is my first post, I can not attach URL's to my message. There are a couple of online mapping sites for the City of Little Rock and Pulaski County. Just go into google and type in LITTLE ROCK GIS or PULASKI AREA GIS. Look for the online mapping links once you navigate to the proper page.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe it was last year or the year before that G&F was doing a deer density check and was suppose to take it to the city board because of the increase in citizens complaints and MVA. Have'nt heard anything since. Being a firefighter up here and runnin around in the wee hours of the night, we get to see alot of critters. It would be nice to have something like Heber does.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I used to hunt a lot inside the city limits, but thanks to the bonehead city fathers, bowhunting in Little Rock is illegal. One day they will ask us to help when the deer become a problem, and I dont think that day is too far away.

Sec. 18-102. Discharge of firearms, air guns, etc.
The discharging or firing of any weapon, bow instrument where the pull of the bow is forty (40) pounds or more, compound bow, crossbow, recurved bow, long bow, air rifle, pellet gun, or firearm of any description within the city is prohibited with the following exceptions:
(1) When discharged or fired by a duly certified law enforcement officer when necessary in the performance of his duty.
(2) The chief of police may issue a permit to a licensed and qualified pest exterminator with the state authorizing the use of either an air rifle, air gun, or pellet gun for the purpose of eradicating pests causing injury or damage to property, or the existence of which creates a health hazard within this city. Such permit will restrict the use of such weapon to a designated area, for a limited period of time and to a specific person, and shall identify specifically the weapon to be used.
(3) The discharge of any weapon by a certified law enforcement or regulatory officer of any local, state or federal agency if the discharge is necessary to the performance of the officer's duty.
(4) The discharge of any bow instrument where the pull of the bow is forty (40) pounds or more, compound bow, crossbow, recurved bow, long bow, or firearm on any public or private archery, rifle or pistol range, or shooting gallery, approved for use in writing by the chief of police.
(5) The discharge of any bow instrument where the pull of the bow is forty (40) pounds or more, compound bow, crossbow, recurved bow, long bow, at a stationery target on the person's property, or upon property for which the person has the owner's permission to practice, if the stationery target is set up in such a way that it poses no significant risk of harm to any person or property.
For purposes of this section, a weapon is defined as: (a) A firearm or anything manifestly designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or serious physical injury; or (b) Anything that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious physical injury.
(Code 1961, § 25-119; Ord. No. 17,884, § 1, 12-1-98)

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the map info guys. I was able to find the CL map and the place I want to hunt is 1 mile (inside) from the edge of the LR city limits. :smack::down: I've seen some good deer around the area and there is a lot of woods...but no go. Maybe the rule will get changed. I still want to put a camera out just for the heck of it to see whats really in the area. :up:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just for laughs... I have a cousin who bow hunts in LR and has killed 3 wall hangers off the back side of his neighborhood. The neighbors were glad, because they were eating all there plants and flowers. There are very large deer in LR. We have a corn feeder behind our house and have a 10pt non-typical, 8pt, and couple of six points that visit nightly along with there mistresses. I guess it is all in how far through the red tape you are willing to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.