Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about this, except for what I've seen on TV, but it looks like FUN!!!! Has anyone been to the Island 40 chute or anywhere else in AR where there are a bunch of the silver carp? (the ones that jump out of the water when the boat spooks them) I am thinking about trying it when the rivers get back down in a month or so and would like to know if it is feasible in AR?

If anyone has been I would like to know about your experience. Info would be appreciated about how difficult it is, how many fish you may have jumping (1 per hour? 1 per minute? A few per minute?), etc.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I've heard there are some between the 440 bridge and the Terry Dam on the lower end of the LR pool. I saw what I'm pretty sure were those in Fouche Creek the other afternoon. Looked to be the same size and silver color as I've seen on TV, and they would clear 4 or 5 feet out of the water.

·
Super Moderator
14,342 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure it can be fun---but dangerous as well. I've had several jump in the boat along the Mississippi and some of the attached oxbows. Problem is------in may of the waters where the carp show up----it's not long and you can't catch a fish in 'em:down: I wish they would go back wherever they came from.

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
I watched a show on the outdoor channel on friday afternoon.they were bowfishing for em on the Illinois river,the guys driving the boat were wearing crash helmets!!!!!!!

they were jumping in the boat and hitting the guys upside the heaed...it looked like fun, but it could be real dangerous as well...........imagine getting hit in the head by a 20-30 pound carp, when your going 10-20mph!!!!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've seen them from tunica to cape girardeau. Had them in the boat, been hit...... even had a 50pder land in my lap. I agree with the guys they need to go back where they came from...... Any where there is slack water, dead water you'll see them.. You can circle around behind dikes on the mississippi and find them... We've even caught them in cast nets. Nothing like whacking a big hunk off the side of them and putting it on a hook. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.