Bow setups.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by mathewsman07, Dec 17, 2010.

1. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

Just curious what are yall's setups?

2. mathewsman07

I shoot a Mathews Monster at 28" and 65lbs with Easton Axis 400's tip with 2 blade rage. An apex 4 pin sight and a QAD pro hunter rest.

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I shoot a 10 year old Mathews Q2XL with a 31" draw and 74 lbs of pull. Trophy ridge inline sights and a rip cord arrow rest. Gold Tip expedition hunter 7595 and Rage 2-blade's. If that rig won't get a pass through, none will! 10 years old and shoots 294 fps fully rigged out with hunting arrows and 100 grain BH. That's why I haven't upgraded bows. The technology hasn't come that far yet. All the 330 fps bows you hear about are shooting needle arrows with 85 grain field point with a naked bow. Dress that new one up and it'll be lucky to hang with the "death sentence." That's what I call my bow. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. bowtime

bowtime Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012

Mathews Switchback XT.64 lbs.29" draw,Easton axis n-fused shafts.G5 T-3 broadheads,Extreme bone collector sights.Ripcord rest. I have looked at the new Mathews bows every year,But I just aint seen one that feels half as good as the switchback...

5. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

bowtech 101st, 28" draw 72#'s, QAD rest, spott hog 7 pin, 350 gr carbon express maximas, rage 2 blade 100 gr (just switched from a slick trick--havent shot a deer yet). also have a bowpix camera mount where the stabilizer goes.

its fast! with my lightest setup its in the 304 range, pop a easton 400 gr full metal jacket and a 125 gr broad head and its in the 281 range.

i want to get a new one but think i am going to get it crackerized and shoot it one more year.

6. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

Dacron B50 Flemish strings
    Shoot off a velcro covered shelf
    Tie on string nock
    Tuned for three-under
    GT Trad 35-55 carbons with 145 grain blunts, field points or COC Broadheads
    cordovon leather tab

Same setup on almost 2 dozen longbows/recurves

7. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

2009 Martin Bengal
    70 lbs 29 inch draw
    Johns custom red, white, and blue strings and cables with matching loop and sling
    QAD HD rest,
    Black gold sights
    3/16th G5 peep
    limbsaver quads
    Alpine soft loc quiver
    Goldtip 5575 tipped with 100 grain grim reapers

8. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Mathews Drenalin
    65 lbs @ 28"
    Whisker Biscuit
    Limbsaver Prism Sight
    Limbsaver Modular Stabilizer
    Alpine Soft Loc Quiver
    Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575 with Rage 2 Blade

1970s Fred Bear Grizzly Recurve
    45 lbs @ 28"
    Bear Hair Rest
    Gold Tip 3555 with weighted inserts and 125 gr tips
    D50 Dacron Flemish String

9. mathewsman07

Mine is shooting 340 fully rigged and I havent had one NOT pass thru yet. I shot a doe at 52 yards last year and it blew her like she wasn't even there.

10. jas870

jas870 Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I shoot a 08 bowtech allegiance set at 29" draw length and 68 lbs. Trophy ridge vertical 5 pin sights, trophy taker drop away, sims scoil stabilizer, gold tip xt hunters 5575, 100 grain g5 montech broadheads, true fire 3d hunter release, and a trophy ridge 6 arrow quiver.

11. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

Homemade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Mule659

Mule659 Well-Known Member

Athens Accomplice 32 black riser with camo limbs
    26.5" draw at 70 lbs
    Ripcord Code Red
    G5 Rock Sight
    Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575 arrows
    Redhead Blackout fixed blade heads

13. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

Bowtech S.W.A.T. 71lbs@ 31in. vital bow gear kazaway rest, HHA 0l-5019 sight, octane bantam quiver, octane stab, 5/16 meta peep, rage 2blades, nap spitfire, g5 montecs, tekanII's all 100 gr, easton FMJ's 340 nap twister vanes, trufire release . . and its covered in INVISIBOW

14. huntindad

huntindad Well-Known Member

That's awesome!

15. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

PSE X-Force SS, 26.5" 65lb, Zebra Non-twist string, Trophy Ridge Matrix 5 pin sight, QAD ultra hunter drop away, Goldtip 5575s Nugent Series, G5 Montec CS 100 grain, Vibracheck Backstop, V-Flite Stabilizer, Limbsaver super string leeches, PSE Top Gun Quiver, NAP Thunderblox Split limb dampeners, Nockturnal lighted arrow nocks, Tru Ball Stinger release

16. turkey pond bucks

turkey pond bucks Well-Known Member

Mathews Reezen 7.0
    29'' draw set at 60lbs
    beman ICS hunter 340s tipped with 3 blade rage!
    Spot-hogg rite on 5 pin
    rip cord arrow rest

17. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

:cool:

09 Martin Warthog
    10 Martin Firecat
    05 Martin Razor X
    04 Martin Cougar Mag
    04 Mathews LX

All have Whisker Biscuits, Bohning Lynx quivers, and Tru-Glo Micro-Adjust sights. Shoot XX78, 2117's with 100gr. Muzzy Phantoms in the Razor. ACC Pro Hunter shafts with 125gr. Magnus Stingers in the Cougar and ACC Pro Hunter Shafts and 125gr. Muzzy Three Blade in the Warthog and Firecat. The LX still has 55-75 Gold-Tips and 100gr Muzzy's.

I let a friend who sold his bow use my Razor this year. He's taken two bucks with it. Phantoms took them down quick. My nephew is still using my LX. My bows are killing deer and I'm not even home.:doh:

18. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Which one of those is your favorite? My very first compound was Martin. They are making some nice looking bows now days. :thumb:

19. 44

44 Well-Known Member

You shooting the XLR8?? Even then I dont see you getting 340 at 28" draw and 65 lbs. :head:

20. 09 Elite Archery Z28
    and Elite Archery GT500
    28in. @ 70lb
    Trophy Ridge vertical 5 pin
    G5 Ultra Rest II
    Doinker 11in and 7in stabilizers
    Easton Axis @ 27in. w/3in. Fusion vanes
    100 grain Slick Tricks