Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
I killed a very nice 5 pt buck.
Probably in my top 5 forked horns ever

Hand Flash photography Jaw Automotive lighting Fawn

We don’t discriminate at bow camp, no antler restrictions up here. The first deer without spots that walks by gets shot. He came up the hill and gave me a 15 yard broadside shot. He didn’t go 50 and crashed.
Now I have 4 days to hunt a doe or a buck worthy of filling my last buck tag, which probably won’t happen up here.

Woke up this am and had a flat on my truck so I’m sitting it out this morning and fixing another tire.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I really figured you could change a flat without another mans help.
Not just any man…..THE @SwampCat saved me

So the dumbass award of the week goes to me. I have 5 trailers. 4 of them have brand new tires put on this year.1 of them had tires that came on the trailer when I bought it in 2004.
Guess which one I decided to bring to bow camp. No spare. Jack and tool was buried under all of my gear. Swampcat came and took me back to ashdown where I bought 2 new tires

Not just any man…..THE @SwampCat saved me

So the dumbass award of the week goes to me. I have 5 trailers. 4 of them have brand new tires put on this year.1 of them had tires that came on the trailer when I bought it in 2004.
Guess which one I decided to bring to bow camp. No spare. Jack and tool was buried under all of my gear. Swampcat came and took me back to ashdown where I bought 2 new tires
Money runs with Money as does Fame.

I killed a very nice 5 pt buck.
Probably in my top 5 forked horns ever

View attachment 331424

We don’t discriminate at bow camp, no antler restrictions up here. The first deer without spots that walks by gets shot. He came up the hill and gave me a 15 yard broadside shot. He didn’t go 50 and crashed.
Now I have 4 days to hunt a doe or a buck worthy of filling my last buck tag, which probably won’t happen up here.

Woke up this am and had a flat on my truck so I’m sitting it out this morning and fixing another tire.
You are probably a professional fisherman as well. That’s the definition of long arming

Congratulations

Discussion starter · #36 ·
So what did you do, draw your bow with the pull rope still tied on?
When I pull my bow up and let it down from the stand I usually just cinch the rope between the string and the cam, no knot required, and give it a tug to release it
The summit has a pull rope that is too big to do that with. How do I know that? Because I did the exact same thing 2 years ago. Everything looks good until you hang it off your stand then all hell breaks loose.
I was in a hurry and tried it again yesterday, it made it 2’ from the ground before it exploded

When I pull my bow up and let it down from the stand I usually just cinch the rope between the string and the cam, no knot required, and give it a tug to release it
The summit has a pull rope that is too big to do that with. How do I know that? Because I did the exact same thing 2 years ago. Everything looks good until you hang it off your stand then all hell breaks loose.
I was in a hurry and tried it again yesterday, it made it 2’ from the ground before it exploded
Does your bow have split limbs? If so make a loop in your rope big enough to go over the stabilizer, run the rope through the top limbs and down and loop over end of the stab. No knots required and itll pull straight up and down.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.