Bow Bat Pack

Discussion in 'Reviews-Products/Gear/Guides/Outfitters' started by 2dogs, Jan 10, 2008.

1. 2dogs

2dogs Well-Known Member

2. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Ive been lookin' at em for awhile now but couldnt decide if I really wanted one or not.

After reading that thread I went ahead and bought one.

So far Im not impressed, especially for what it cost. :frown:

The quality seems to be pretty good but with the quiver on my bow it just doesnt seem to close right and there is very little room for other "stuff".

I already had a Primos Bow Sling that works great for carrying my bow so if I cant put stuff inside it then all I did was waste some money.

They should have made the inside a little wider and the part that goes over the bowstring a little longer imo.

Im gonna keep it a few days and see what I can figure out but I aint ruling out sending mine back.

3. 2dogs

2dogs Well-Known Member

So far I have the same thoughts. I put my bow and quiver in but it doesn't seem big enough so far. I will try to load it down this afternoon with the stuff I normally carry in my back back. I don't think there will be room though. I don't know how they carry a jacket as well.

I may be sending mine back as well. I love the idea. It looks tough enough to take some abuse. It looks like it will be complicated to unfold, get the bow out, tuck the cam covers in, and strap it to a tree. I may be doing all that work things now, but it doesn't seem like it.

4. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    I had mine laying on my kitchen table and was just about ready to pull my hair out trying to figure out how to make everything work so I can only imagine what it would be like trying to do it 20' up a tree in the dark.

I never did really figure out a good way to carry the quiver other than strap it to the outside and I didnt really like it once I did.

5. 2dogs

2dogs Well-Known Member

I took it on it's first hunt yesterday..... I actually liked it. The only thing I wasn't able to get in the pack was some drinking water. I found that if I left my quiver on my bow it packed nicely. I also had a fleece pullover in the wrap and a heavy jacket strapped to the outside. I had room for a headcover, gloves, small dead down wind bottle, bow hanger, flashlight, knife, hand warmers, safety rope, etc.

It wasn't difficult to get it all "unwrapped" in the tree. Probably the same amount of time I used to get everything situated with my back pack.

I was satisified enough to decide to keep it. I do like the proctection it gives my bow.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008