Bout to get burnt out on hunting this year

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by jwalker, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Was looking forward to hunting this year but after killing the only deer I saw and goin duck hunting 5or6 times with no luck at all fixing to quit worrying about it and put my guns back in the safe!! Anyone know the feelin??

2. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

I was getting tired of wearing orange. Too much to see out there. Must be breeding season for squirrels. I was three different groups of 6 chasing Saturday and Sunday. Saw a huge River Otter Saturday as well. Big dark faced male. I killed one years back and had it mounted, it was as long as my Browning Sweet 16 and this one was bigger.

You just never know what is standing around the corner.

3. jwalker

I hate wearing orange!!

4. gutpile

gutpile Well-Known Member

i know where this is going:banghead:

5. gregrn43

gregrn43 Well-Known Member

NEA
    I'm still doing some bowhunting, starting to see a few deer now, all does but at least its deer

6. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I used to get that way during turkey season. I'd put too much pressure on myself and obsess too much. Always remember... You're supposed to be having fun. Relax. You wont starve to death if the hunting's slow. I occasionally still have to remind myself of that.

7. jwalker

Good point hobbs!!

8. Tal_H._Branco

Tal_H._Branco Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yes Sir. After I put my guns up, I enjoy "hunting" more , and learned more about the woods and wildlife, than I ever would have with them. Take a break, go to the woods just to prowl, look and listen. Just for fun, back-track yourself every step of the way back to your vehicle. Enjoy.

9. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Could go bigfoot hunting:biggrin:

10. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

I was gettring tired of deer hunting after the 7th deer I cleand and the 6th deer I processed! It has been a good year at our house. I killed 3 and my 8 year old son killed 3. Now we are trying our luck with the GREEN HEADS! No luck yet! About to get tired of watching 2000 to 3000 ducks cupping up and landing about 200yds from us daily in a no hunting area! Time to get ready for some 3D shoots and Gobblers!

11. I don't really get tired of hunting....when I get bored I do something else in the woods.
    I can always have a good time in the outdoors.
    I am ready to go hunting again.....maybe next week as I have to much to do around the house.
    Got things to fix and then I am going back to the leases for anything that comes to mind.
    And wearing orange has never bothered me......I mean if your hunting enough you forget that you have it on.
    If you guys would get you one of the ones made out of clothe instead of vinyl it would be more comfortable....:fit:

12. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Walking in the woods with a neon orange sign is not comfortable in any cloth.

13. That is a mental condition that some of you could get help with.......

14. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

I haven't toted a gun since the 13th of November. I have spent a lot of time sitting with my wife and little girl and dragging/tracking/processing deer from
    everyone else. 11 has been ran through the kitchen so we're going to eat good. I have spent a lot of time planning for next year already. I love being in the woods and the little orange thingy has never bothered me either.

I am actually looking forward to next year as my wife super surprised me with
    a Savage American Classic, Mont Carlo stock, 7mm-08.:up::thumb::woohoo::twothumbs

15. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

After several deer hunts and long drives, a few tree rat killings and a real touigh duck season, I was beginning t oget that wore down burnt out feeling too.

Took yesterday to just lay up and eat and sleep and visit and man I'm ready to go!!

About to bail out of work early and go get in the stand... or go creep a pond for canadas... or set-up and call yotes....... got to narrow it down... but yeah I'm ready to get back to hunting!!!!

Then it's on to the slabs!!!!!

16. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Went to the Dr. several years ago & he told me what the cure for this feeling was, he said find a freind with the same condition & go take 60 of these

[​IMG]

and you should be OK! He said if feeling returns, repeat treatment as needed!:thumb:

17. jwalker

18. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I told my wife last night I was ready to go crappie fishing and now you go and post that????

Cruel and unusual brother... cruel and unusual!!!

19. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Cruel & Unusual, yep that me to a T!!!!!:fit: