Bottomfield Rabbit Hunt 08

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by Buba Garrett, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Buba Garrett

Buba Garrett Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

We had our annual rabbit hunt 2 weekends ago- we hunted Friday morning and Saturday morning- I missed the Fridayy hunt -work! In the 2 morning we harvested about 23 rabbits swampers and a few toads. We had some good friends from Texas come up and bring there beagles man was it fun- and Mr Dewayne brought his guitar and entertained us around the campfire:thumb: Here is a couple of pics from the hunt!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Man - those are some HEALTHY rabbits - both the regular "tails" and the swampers.... goodness!!!! Yall feedin' them? you must not have a predator problem (especially coyotes and hawks)....!

Sounds like fun. It has been too many years since my last rabbit hunt... I miss it. No longer have family or friends who have rabbit dogs... and tromping them out where I hunt is an exercise in futility....but ya get lots of exercise!!!

3. zane

zane Well-Known Member

Yum- fried rabbit

4. Buba Garrett

Battman I was afraid we wouldnt be as successful- we have killed 4 bobcats and a few coyotes this year at our camp and them hawks- well you know from the grand prarie they are everywhere!

5. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Congratulations.

Yall killed almost as many that weekend as we've killed all year.

I just cant seem to find em like I used to.

6. Buba Garrett

FB we had a huge crop last year a decent crop the year before and a decent crop this year- seems to cycle on us, but we are enjoying while we can!:thumb:

7. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I have a nephew that has some rabbit dogs. He claims that they are good ones. If you have a place and desire to go. Let me know and I will call him.