Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be an old black man named Willy Carrol...who was from Malvern, he was about the coolest guy you would ever want to meet. He wasn't a bad shoe repaiman either. Sure do miss ole Willy....got two good pairs of boots, needing resoled. I bet nobody on here would know of a good place:cool:

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,092 Posts
I know of one that still is in business but a little too far for ya. An old friend still operates one in Natchez ,MS They are a dying breed, lost art.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
"The Shoe Smith" in Stuttgart, 870-673-6686 - onliest one I know of. He's always done good work for me......prices are.......ok...not cheap, but not out of reason.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
There is a guy up here in Jonesboro that does it. His shop has been there for as long as I can remember

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Cobblers are as scarce as dentures for chickens. :smack: You don't see any TV ads "make big money as a cobbler." Right up there with accordion repair men.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
charlie's boot repair in sherwood

my fairly new rocky bear claw boots had the sole come off last weekend, i hope he can fix them cheaper than sending them back to rocky

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
The dry cleaners in Camden..on Washington street, Can't remember the name of it..help me out BG or BPS......... downtown, can send em off for ya...did a pair of Dan Post boots a year or so aggo, think it took a week, and was reasonable, and the guy did a god job!

They are just West of the intersection of Washington and Harrison St.......

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I've left my babies, that is, my 17 year old elephant skin boots, at a little shop on the east edge of Hot Springs, "Stocktons Shoe Boot and Saddle". The owner is a stocky guy of Hispanic descent that seems decent enough but beware, he can talk YOUR EARS OFF!!!!! He has some relation to the owners of the long-gone "Arky-House" store.

He has quite a backlog, but my boots should be ready today or tomorrow. I've used him several times for sewing or moving patches on my colors (vest) and minor leather repairs.

I'll let y'all know how the boots turn out.

He did tell me that one pair of my boots would cost about 2/3 as much to re-sole as to replace once.

Tomme

·
53,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've left my babies, that is, my 17 year old elephant skin boots, at a little shop on the east edge of Hot Springs, "Stocktons Shoe Boot and Saddle". The owner is a stocky guy of Hispanic descent that seems decent enough but beware, he can talk YOUR EARS OFF!!!!! He has some relation to the owners of the long-gone "Arky-House" store.

He has quite a backlog, but my boots should be ready today or tomorrow. I've used him several times for sewing or moving patches on my colors (vest) and minor leather repairs.

I'll let y'all know how the boots turn out.

He did tell me that one pair of my boots would cost about 2/3 as much to re-sole as to replace once.

Tomme
Is his name Mike, and wife Brenda??:confused:

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Is his name Mike, and wife Brenda??:confused:
I can't remember. He told me to call him "Gordo" which (I think) means fat, or plump man in Spanish! LOL!!!

I'll post after I get my boots back.... soon I hope!

Here's his contact info.:
Stockton Shoe Boot & Saddle
(501) 622-6700
Hot Springs, AR 71913

Tommy

·
53,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't remember. He told me to call him "Gordo" which (I think) means fat, or plump man in Spanish! LOL!!!

I'll post after I get my boots back.... soon I hope!

Here's his contact info.:
Stockton Shoe Boot & Saddle
(501) 622-6700
Hot Springs, AR 71913

Tommy
Thanks Bru...I'll check him out!:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts