Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped a photo this am with cell phone cam. Been intending to for awhile. I dubbed this place boothill because of the Oak tree. This cattle rancher takes all of his old cowboy boots, ties them together and hangs them on a limb of this old Oak tree. I don't know how many years are represented here but it's a bunch.

This is on Ridgeway in Hot Springs about 1 mile from its junction with Westinghouse drive. I wanted to take some more shots but traffic was coming. Ridgeway runs east/west and tree is on south side about 1/4 mile from the RR crossing. Always thought this was interesting.

I'll bet he wishes there were not so many boots up there! There were more up higher but with the cell cam thats all the spread I could get.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
I've got to ask, why are they doing this? I've seen plenty of tennis shoes over power lines, but nothing like this.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got to ask, why are they doing this? I've seen plenty of tennis shoes over power lines, but nothing like this.
Just someting the guy decided to start doing many years ago I guess. There are lots of boots you can't see in the picture.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I have a good pic. of that,... will post it Thursday morning. I call it "the boot tree", and get a laugh for some reason every time I pass it. An uncle of a friend of mine owns the lane... and put all them boots up there...... no reason, just 'cause.. he says! :thumb:

Tommy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts