Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't hunt the stand I wanted so had to sit in my alternate. Pulled the card on my way in and had very few day pics. Biggest buck on camera was a small 8pt. I had just text my buddy at 6:40 saying nothing yet and started ranging trees when I look up and a 6pt walks right in. I knew I wouldn't shoot him so I didn't bother to stand. Then, in walks the small 8pt behind him. I'm thinking "crap, there is no way I will get away with standing." I watched them feed for 15-20 minutes and finally the 8pt turned broadside. I eased to the edge of my seat so I could shoot over the rail of my climber. I slowly drew my new PSE BM32, settled the pin behind his shoulder and touched it off. Thwack! The arrow bit him right behind the shoulder. He ran up the hill behind me with his tail down and I think I heard him pile up. I'm trying out the Hypodermics this morning so I hope it did it's job!

Before any of you "trophy hunters" start in on me about shooting a small buck, let me say that I have only killed two bucks prior with my bow. Both of those were 6 pts, so he is a trophy to me! But I will let the next small buck walk, if that helps your feelings.

Hope everyone is having a great morning! Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sweet! Congrats! N.E. wind had me all boogered up too. Don't have many options due to shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago. It's a ground blind and crossbow for me this season. Still better than doing almost anything else!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
Couldn't hunt the stand I wanted so had to sit in my alternate. Pulled the card on my way in and had very few day pics. Biggest buck on camera was a small 8pt. I had just text my buddy at 6:40 saying nothing yet and started ranging trees when I look up and a 6pt walks right in. I knew I wouldn't shoot him so I didn't bother to stand. Then, in walks the small 8pt behind him. I'm thinking "crap, there is no way I will get away with standing." I watched them feed for 15-20 minutes and finally the 8pt turned broadside. I eased to the edge of my seat so I could shoot over the rail of my climber. I slowly drew my new PSE BM32, settled the pin behind his shoulder and touched it off. Thwack! The arrow bit him right behind the shoulder. He ran up the hill behind me with his tail down and I think I heard him pile up. I'm trying out the Hypodermics this morning so I hope it did it's job!

Before any of you "trophy hunters" start in on me about shooting a small buck, let me say that I have only killed two bucks prior with my bow. Both of those were 6 pts, so he is a trophy to me! But I will let the next small buck walk, if that helps your feelings.

Hope everyone is having a great morning! Pics coming soon!
Where you hunting? HS CO.? Congrats on an early morning score!:up::up::up::up::up:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.