Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was in my climber before daylight saturday morn. About 7:15 i hear a noise behind me so i turn around slowly to see what is making the sound, but i can't quite see so i twist myself a little more. I keep my bow laid across the front of my climber and when i twisted i took my hand off of it and my binos. must have hit it and knocked it off. well i here something crash throught some of the limbs under me of the beach tree next to me, so i turn in time to see my Drenalin slam into some roots about 30 feet below. Man i can't describe what i felt, it kind of went like this :censored: :mad: :frown: :banghead:. Well i climb down to take a look and man did i get lucky all that happend is a snaped goldtip arrow and my ultra nok and wisker bisucit knocked out of wack. It knocked 2 big chunks out of those roots it hit so i figuried i would have alot more damage. A couple hours later had everything lined up and shooting good groups, so i got off real lucky. Been bow hunting a long time and this is the first time i have ever even came close to dropping my bow.

· Registered
14,538 Posts
Glad to hear everything's OK. I've heard of instances where that didnt work out so well. So far, the only thing I've dropped is my rangefinder. It rattles a little now, but (surpisingly) it still works for archery ranges.

· Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
770 Posts
I got one about that good...

A few years ago I went over to the river to bow hunt. I waded in in hip boots, put the climber on the tree, climbed up, and started pulling my bow up with my string....got all most within finger tip reach and the :censored: string broke.

My bow is now out of sight, under water. I climbed down, found my bow, took climber off the tree, and threw all the :censored: in the boat and went home. I had enough for that afternoon. :wink:

· Registered
3,150 Posts
Well I was in my climber before daylight saturday morn. About 7:15 i hear a noise behind me so i turn around slowly to see what is making the sound, but i can't quite see so i twist myself a little more. I keep my bow laid across the front of my climber and when i twisted i took my hand off of it and my binos. must have hit it and knocked it off. well i here something crash throught some of the limbs under me of the beach tree next to me, so i turn in time to see my Drenalin slam into some roots about 30 feet below. Man i can't describe what i felt, it kind of went like this :censored: :mad: :frown: :banghead:. Well i climb down to take a look and man did i get lucky all that happend is a snaped goldtip arrow and my ultra nok and wisker bisucit knocked out of wack. It knocked 2 big chunks out of those roots it hit so i figuried i would have alot more damage. A couple hours later had everything lined up and shooting good groups, so i got off real lucky. Been bow hunting a long time and this is the first time i have ever even came close to dropping my bow.
How come you don't use a bow holder? Glad to hear your bow isn't thrashed.

· Registered
3,560 Posts
Oohhhh, I see I misread your story. I thought you were still in the process of climbing the tree when this happened.

I am like you and just lay my bow across my lap. I may be getting some screw in holders or something after reading this.

· Registered
3,150 Posts
Just never thought i needed one, like i said in my post this is the first time i've even came close to dropping it. But after saturday i may be in the market for one.:thumb:
They have a 3 pack of the screw in ones at Walmart for around 4 bucks. The reason I use them is because I got tired of holding my bow in my lap years ago and because I nearly knocked mine out of my lap too. I think if you use one you will be a lot more comfortable and relaxed in the stand.

· Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,107 Posts
sounds like you got lucky. i use a holder that attaches to the platform of my climber, and at first and last light when something may happen fast, it's in my lap.
X2.....Mine attaches to the top part of my climber. They're also real handy when nature calls and you have to pull out the ol' empty gatorade bottle.......:up:

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, I got to get one of some kind. I don't think i could take dropping it again and i don't know if my bow could take it either. It sounds like the kind that attaches to the top of my climber would be best for me, i don't think i would like one i had to screw into the tree.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
In 3D we call it 'drop tuning' or 'rock tuning' when someone gets mad and throws their bow down. :biggrin: How's that bow shooting now?

Just to be safe I'd get my proshop to look it over. Sometimes hairline cracks in the limbs can be very hard to see. Check your cam and idler to make sure there is no lean. Sometimes an impact like that can warp/bend the riser causing cam lean that could result in the string coming off the cam at full draw somewhere down the line.

Glad you and your equipment are ok.

hd

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In 3D we call it 'drop tuning' or 'rock tuning' when someone gets mad and throws their bow down. :biggrin: How's that bow shooting now?

Just to be safe I'd get my proshop to look it over. Sometimes hairline cracks in the limbs can be very hard to see. Check your cam and idler to make sure there is no lean. Sometimes an impact like that can warp/bend the riser causing cam lean that could result in the string coming off the cam at full draw somewhere down the line.

Glad you and your equipment are ok.

hd
Yea, i took it in to the shop just to be on the safe side. It shoots fine after some adjustments of the rest and nok point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.