Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
30,915 Posts
I think it is more than just the water level. I have not hunted Bois D'arc - but I have hunted millwood a bunch and we went from feast to famine. My house overlooks a 160 acre slough and the ducks have left. I know the water has them more spread out, but a lot of the ducks that were there have left. The water is not that much higher now than it was on Friday. We killed ten Saturday, four Sunday, and I did not take my gun off safety on Monday. Spent a lot of time looking around Monday, and did not find a place I would have set a decoy out.

· Registered
573 Posts
Food source got covered up and hunters in every cove blasting at them. Wardens were checking everyone hard at Yarborough sat. Heard there some folks killing birds and just leaving them out there (spoonies, teal). Hard to catch anyone if you dont leave the comfort of your truck.

· Premium Member
30,915 Posts
Wardens have been at White Cliffs every weekend also. There are lots of folks hunting this year. Hunting out of white cliffs, I have not even seen a spooner or a teal this year. I was hunting up around hwy 71 on Sunday and noticed several bunches up high still heading on upriver. Is there still some rice over around Foreman?

· Registered
137 Posts
Let's just tell the world what we have been seeing around there. That's all we need is a few more folks at the ramp. If your gonna tell the world what you have been seeing and killing please post gps cords. That way they can set up on you and ruin your hunt.

· Registered
573 Posts
Nothing to tell anymore, their all gone. They'll be back like that again like that in another 10 years or so. I may not be speaking for everyone, but at least the people I've seen on the lake have the decency to at least spread out and not hunt right on top of you.

· Premium Member
30,915 Posts
I don't think we saw a total of 33 ducks today.
We killed ten Saturday, four Sunday, and I did not take my gun off safety on Monday. Spent a lot of time looking around Monday, and did not find a place I would have set a decoy out.
Not near the ducks as a few weeks ago. I hope they come back soon....
Yep - statements like these have got me really wanting to go to duck hunting at Millwood or Bois D'Arc.:up:

· Banned
78 Posts
were are all the ducks at. 3 weeks ago we were killin 4-7 man limits of mallards and now were not killin crap???? anybody no the problem
Where are all the ducks at? Three weeks ago we were killing 4-7 man limits of mallards and now were not killing crap. Anybody know what the problem is?

There is no problem. Ducks migrate. Migration means:: To pass usually periodically from one region or climate to another for feeding or breeding

· Premium Member
30,915 Posts
we hunted white cliff tuesday didnt see near the ducks we seen first of the second season. heck we even seen a 10 foot gator in the decoys but no ducks.
I hunted White Cliffs Monday, and the first place I set up, I saw as many gators as mallards - one. As ducdoc says, ducks migrate and hopefully we will see a few more. However, I have been saying for the past two years with the lake down and all that wild millet and everything else growing on the exposed mud flats - if the water ever would come up two feet during duck season, they would swarm us - and they did until the water came up 6 feet - then they left us. However, I know some guys that hunt Bois D'Arc and were doing real well up until a few days ago and their ducks left also. I think the Corps is going to hold the water for a month and then start dropping it, so I guess we better get used to it. Find a little hole, get some hot coffee, and be patient and you will still kill a few. Not sure there are going to be any four man mallard limits for awhile.

· Super Moderator
14,033 Posts
SwampCat:1417531 said:
I don't think we saw a total of 33 ducks today.
We killed ten Saturday, four Sunday, and I did not take my gun off safety on Monday. Spent a lot of time looking around Monday, and did not find a place I would have set a decoy out.
Not near the ducks as a few weeks ago. I hope they come back soon....
Yep - statements like these have got me really wanting to go to duck hunting at Millwood or Bois D'Arc.:up:
Don't you just love it when someone shows their ignorance :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.