Bob Costas SNF comment

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by jjarvis0007, Dec 2, 2012.

1. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else hear what Bob Costas said regarding the murder/suicide with the Kansas City Chiefs player Belcher? He was quoting someone who he said he "doesn't always see eye to eye with" but with handguns he did! If Belcher couldn't have gotten ahold of a handgun that wouldn't have happened!? Lock them down and hold them tight people! It's getting worse by the minute with the anti gun folks coming for us. So much for the 2nd Amendment. Media will be media but it's sickening that the world focuses on handguns and not the murder/suicide instead.

2. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I cannot stand Bob Costas! I will never forget one year during the opening night of the Olympics when the only member representing a small country was introduced he mouthed off sarcasticlly "like they have a chance of winning anything." I haven't liked or had any respect for him since.

3. btech29

btech29 Well-Known Member

He's getting his rear end ripped on Face Book. What a moron.

4. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

And on other websites that I visit.

5. btech29

btech29 Well-Known Member

6. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

7. js05_14

js05_14 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he gets his wrist slapped from NBC? I'm sure they share the same feelings. Here is the video.

[video=youtube;uOi7If0zW9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOi7If0zW9s[/video]

8. RC

RC Well-Known Member

I saw it as it happened. According to Bob when he finished his Liberal anti gun speech I was supposed to shoot the TV with my .380. Cause that's all handguns are for is when people get up set they have a sudden urge to find one and take care of the problem. Thankfully I was able to keep my cool and the TV is OK.

9. sam

sam Grand Member

Just about put a fist into the TV when that came on.:mad:

10. yarnammurt

yarnammurt Well-Known Member

I could not belive what I heard, I had to rewind and listen just to make sure I heard it right.

11. wildgameassassin

wildgameassassin Well-Known Member

I know that crimes involving guns give guns a bad names but Anti-Gun Idiots like Bob make it 100 times worse.

12. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

He's getting flamed everywhere now! Wonder if he'll apologize?

Someone said "Don't turn tragedy into something to push your agenda!"

That's exactly what he did too!

I know he didn't write the actual words but used it to push it across to the main stream public. I'll no longer be watching him at halftime on Sundays that's for sure!

13. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

I saw it and came unglued on my television. Costas is obviously the newest fool in sports, with more to come of course.

What if a star NFL quarterback and his family had been killed by a drunk driver last week, and the story was all the news yesterday. The drunk driver in question had all but overdosed on Bud Light. Would Costas have come on the air last night at halftime blasting beer and calling for the end of it? You bet he would not have, he wouldn't have a paycheck if not for Budweiser. The problem does not rest with Ruger or Budweiser; the problem lies in the condition of
    a man's heart.

14. GWHunter

GWHunter Well-Known Member

Not the newest. He's been at it a long time. You're right though, there is more to come.

15. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

there is some good comments over there.
    here is one.

16. backstraps

backstraps Well-Known Member

I made my opinion known and will stick by it. No SNF will be watched at my house.

17. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

He's a liberal blathering idiot.

18. tkcampb1

tkcampb1 Well-Known Member

Costas needs to shut his pie hole.

19. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

So...If the guy didn't have a hand gun He wouldn't have been able to kill his girlfriend or himself?? :smack: Idiot..

20. BigRon501

BigRon501 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

i did the same thing.... made me pretty mad!