boats

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by armyguy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. armyguy

armyguy Well-Known Member

I am thinking about buying a new boat.
    I have looked at Weldbilt and War eagle. Both in a 1542 modified V. any pros or cons of either one. And would a 15 horse yamaha be enough motor for either one? I am not looking to go really fast. Just get where i am going before the sun comes up. thanks for your input

2. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

i have a 1542 weldbilt and i love it. tough boat. i have put mine through hell. I have friends that have wareagles also. Dont know of any problems they have ever had. Both are good boats in my opinion. Wareagle probably cost more....:confused:

Only problem i ever had with mine was when i hit a stump pretty hard. didnt hurt the hull at all. it broke a small weld under the floor of the boat where the braces that go across are welded to the hull. i would have never know there was any damage at all if i wudnt have pulled the floor out to clean it that next spring. i took it to weldbilt and they re welded it for free. so they do stand behind there boats as far as i know. im sure wareagle does the same.

3. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

They didn't stand behind mine....Bought it in october and got rid of it in november.....just picked up my new Xpress yesterday.
    Visit the "duck boat setup" thread a page or 2 back and check that out before you buy a weldbilt, it might change your mind. Chances are you won't have any trouble, my problem was probably just a fluke. But the bottom line is, I had trouble with since the day I bought it and never once did they offer to take that boat back and give me a new one. So I went down the road and got a 2011 Xpress for $500 cheaper than the weldbilt was and have a much stronger, nicer boat. Somthing to think about.

4. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

ive also never had any problems with either of my weldbilts...good boat, and easy on the wallet

5. cuppedup

cuppedup Well-Known Member

Look at the Southfork out of Lonsdale. Super nice boat and very well made. take the money you'll save get a 25 or you'll be sorry

6. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

here, here. Saw that boat at McSwains last weekend didn't I?

7. armyguy

about how much does a southfork run for?

8. NaturalStateNative

I would like to see a southfork in person. All I know is I got a 2011 Xpress HD1546DDP for $2390......Weldbilt was $2885......Wareagle was around $3100 plus......I called every dealer of every brand of boat listed in the state to get these prices in the last 3 months. Of course, with the eagle, weldbilt, or southfork the price can vary greatly depending on whatever options you have added.

9. armyguy

I am just looking for the boat. no trailer no motor(if i can make the 15 horse i already own work) no camo paint. i am just going to scavenge everything off of the old alumacraft that was handed down.:thumb: I was just looking for something a little wider with deeper sides.

10. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

Conway
    I have a 1546 southfork. Have not had and problems out of it yet. Fast boat and turns similar to my war eagle. I think they are 1800 but not sure. Got a 2nd so mine was half price. Dont get one bigger than 1546 cause it is wide. Inch wider than my forty eight war eagle.

11. Smack

Smack Well-Known Member

One word: EXPRESS!!!!

12. DuckLn

DuckLn Well-Known Member

fixed it fer ya

13. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

one word "BASS ASSASSIN"

14. park duck

park duck Well-Known Member

one word "bullet"

15. armyguy

whats the cost on an express? i cant find one on the net?

16. take_em

take_em Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a heavy built boat, check out F&F in Monticello. They will build one exactly how you want it. I just acquired one and it is a tank! As for the 15 horse, I don't think it will push you very well if you have much in the boat with you. I used a johnson 15 on my old 16x48 when my 25 went down on me. It worked ok until you put a bag of decoys and another person/gear in it. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  17. NaturalStateNative

$2390 for a 1546 DDP such as this....closer to $3000 anywhere other than Brooks Marine.
    View attachment 9260
    :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  18. shootemagain

shootemagain Well-Known Member

X2

I got a 2011 1448 Southfork and love it! I don't think you can wrong with them. Small company, personal service, quality product...:up: They will build it like you want it also. I'd think about goin with a 25hp. If you don't want to go fast you don't have to but you'll have more power and more options

19. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

War Eagle. Not a better handling boat on the market. I got mine earlier in the year and it was camo, gun box, floor, pod seating, duck bill, lights, and running lights for $3350 at Sunrise in Searcy, oh its a 542.

20. woodwise

woodwise Well-Known Member

On the Buffalo River we have a Max HP of 10....I have a Yamaha 9.9 2 Stroke that has been Tuned- up (Wink Wink) on a 1650 Blazer allweld ....21 mph with just me and my stuff....3 people and fishing gear 18 mph....:biggrin: