Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ya'll know of around here that recovers boat seats? They are a fiberglass seats. I'm need to have them recovered as the coverings are starting to rot and mildew. I'll try to post a pic later to give you more of an idea. There out of an 84 Hydra Sports bass boat.

· Registered
827 Posts
Seats

It is best to buy new seats. Here are the reasons. Plastic foundation is probaly OK. Screws may be rusted causing the hole to be wallowed or have to tear out screws. Foam will have lost memory and is holding water. Thus mildew. That is guaranteed. Reupholsterer will have to cut foam and make pattern from old vinyl assuming it is good and the person is skilled. Then you will have to spec oil and uv resistant vinyl . Not all marine vinyls have that rating.
Take a chance and save some bucks but new is the way to go. I reupholstered for 13 years. Good luck.

· Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
A good way to preserve your seats, when you do get the new ones, is to wipe them down when you get home each time you use it and then spray a light mist of Lysol on them to help prevent mildew or mold. Also keep it covered! I have a 1989 Ski boat with the original seats and still looks brand new! :thumb: Just a thought. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.