Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with War Eagles 962 Tomahawk series..Likes/Dislikes..Looking for a little bigger bass boat and do not want to go fiberglass..I know war eagle makes a good boat, so was just curious if anyone has any experiences with this series of bass boat.. Here is what the boat looks like..Mine will be Camo of course...:rolleyes:

http://www.wareagleboats.com/boats/detail.asp?id=16&catID=2

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
I've fished out of one a couple times and really liked it. War Eagles are made in my hometown. If ya want to know more about them I can give you a friends phone number who is a salesman for War Eagle.

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
Buzz,
My cousin has one and he seems to like it though he doesn't use it much.
Last year I think they only took it out maybe once or twice despite my repeated attempts to get him to take me to Lake Monticello.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go with the War Eagle, the best aluminum boat on the market. The one that i owned had an all aluminum transom. Now express makes a quality boat the reason i didn't go with them is the weight. I have seen that pretty little boat around a little town called tupelo. Sweet lookin boat.:thumb:

·
Registered
257 Posts
War Eagle makes a good boat. The thing that bothers me about the Tomahawk series is how the deck is almost flush with the sides. I looked at them before I bought my Xpress. I might be fishing out of one if I could have negotiated a decent price.

My H56 (18') Xpress w/115 Yamaha 4-stroke runs out at 53 mph (gps). I've done quite a bit of tweaking on it (jackplate, SS 4-blade prop, etc.).

If you are looking for all out performance, you might check to see whether War Eagle will allow jackplates.

Good luck with your decision, and post some pics when you bring her home.............:up:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cooter u sure have....... if it were up to me it would spend the majority of its life on the mississippi river instead of the back yard. Which brings up another issue, GASOLINE.

The one good decision i made was topping out the hp rating on the boat. When we bought it we really spent more than what we wanted to for the boat. It had a 50 on it and we bit the bullet and bought a 90. With that 50 it would have been seriously underpowered. Something i've learned the hard way with boats is if its laboring its drinking fuel like crazy. With the 90 i can run 7miles out of memphis harbor, 10 miles to the dikes and back fishing all the way back up moving around and burn around 4 gallons before i get back to the ramp fishing all day. I'd shutter to think what it would burn with that 50, i'd guarantee it'd be alot more. If it reaches 4 dollars a gallon it'd pay for itself in the long run getting the right set up...

·
Registered
24 Posts
3Rivers , i have seen that boat set out in front of the house, beside the house and under the carport. I also saw that you upgraded from a dodge to a chevy. I would have deffinatley gone with the 90hp too. I am looking into the War Eagle 1754LDSV with a 90hp.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dang coot, stop by and say hi next time your through! :biggrin:

I've about went through a set of tires on the trailer last year fishing everywhere and with gas crippling my fishing it looks like this year its going to be a once a month thing, maybe twice if i work it right. Last year i'd fish the mississippi twice a month and around here a day or two a week.

This year with my wife expecting its tough to get away as much, i'm working on it tho. :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know what you mean about funds being tight. I've got a 5 month old at the house now. I was up close your way sunday ridin the back roads. I got inlaws around Weldon, and the mother inlaw lives between shoffner and blackville. I've been wantin to go to cache bayou but haven't got the time. I try to wet a hook about once or twice a month, but you know how that goes. Next time i through that way i'll try to stop in and say hi.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.