Arkansas Hunting banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gotta be your high speed jet in your carb. Soak them suckers or order a new car system. Don’t take much to clog it, and if they weren’t patient and soaked it could still be clogged and hog speed jet ain’t allowing fuel. Gotta be if runs and idles fine.
^This. There are different jets in a carb. Think of it like this (simplified)...you have idle and WOT jets, idle does what it says, then as you give it gas the idle jet maxes out and the WOT jet starts syphoning gas from deeper in the float bowl (there is a transition period when both are supplying gas), as you continue to roll the throttle that WOT jet supplies more and more of the fuel.

Either that WOT jet is partially clogged or the float isn't reacting and allowing enough fuel into the bowl. My bet, jet is clogged.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I haven’t messed with outboards motors but I have messed with a lot of motor cycles. And if the stator is weak or some even have a little bit of adjustment to set the timing they would do the same thing you are describing just a thought

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Idk much about outboards myself. But I put new lines on it and it didn’t fix it. Seems to open up with muffs on it but it won’t under a load. I took it across the AR river with not issues even against the current just goes about 5 mph with 3 guys and all our gear.

·
Member<br>2016 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>
2,840 Posts
Idk much about outboards myself. But I put new lines on it and it didn’t fix it. Seems to open up with muffs on it but it won’t under a load. I took it across the AR river with not issues even against the current just goes about 5 mph with 3 guys and all our gear.
I had a 115 Mercury act the same way, it ended up being a bad power pack.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts