Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trigger gaurd and drop out piece on my 700bdl needs to be redone. Any advice as to who does it anymore. Called everyone in the Jonesboro area and said they do not do it.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I reblue but the trigger guard and floor plate are made of aluminum and are anodized unless it's a real old one. Real good enamel paint is about the only way unless you replace it with a new one...d2

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
If the part is anodized aluminum, you might consider a powder coat finish. We have a place in Springdale (I worked there one summer) that used to do lots of gun parts in various finishes.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the part is anodized aluminum, you might consider a powder coat finish. We have a place in Springdale (I worked there one summer) that used to do lots of gun parts in various finishes.
I wonder what this would cost. Piece is only bout 4 inches long. I can buy a new one for $100 but thats alot when the only thing thats wrong with mine is cosmetics. Wonder if I can get spray paint to stick at all. I have sanded it down to the metal and cleaned it so far.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I wonder what this would cost. Piece is only bout 4 inches long. I can buy a new one for $100 but thats alot when the only thing thats wrong with mine is cosmetics. Wonder if I can get spray paint to stick at all. I have sanded it down to the metal and cleaned it so far.
WEEELLLL, the cost is tricky. For just one part, it's not economically feasible to do that, but if you wait untill the plant does a big batch of "somethings" that need the same finish you want, your part can be thrown in with it. I've seen (years ago) parts done for $10.00. The biggest problem with powder coating is that the parts "grow" a little as the coatings can be applied pretty thick, and in small shops control ain't real good. Your best bet is probably a good spray paint!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WEEELLLL, the cost is tricky. For just one part, it's not economically feasible to do that, but if you wait untill the plant does a big batch of "somethings" that need the same finish you want, your part can be thrown in with it. I've seen (years ago) parts done for $10.00. The biggest problem with powder coating is that the parts "grow" a little as the coatings can be applied pretty thick, and in small shops control ain't real good. Your best bet is probably a good spray paint!
Thanks for the reply. Thats exactley what I did. Cleaned and put some good flat black paint on it. Looks pretty good.:biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts