Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or any similar book...........

Is it possible an updated version of this might be in the County Library? The online access to this is fifty bucks a year.

I have a rifle I'd like to figure out the price for, and I can find no similar recent sales, so no online searching helps me find a price.

Is there another way? Is there another book? Would this be in the Library?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
most pawn shops have a recent copy.... gun stores too. Ask to take a look...
I can't imagine they will say no.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
If you want a REAL selling price for your gun, go to www.gunbroker.com. The Blue Book prices are compiled at least 2 years before it is published. It is a good reference source to find the correct model numbers and description.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
The blue book and the gun traders guide are not realistic for real world pricing these days. The best way to establish value is recent comparables. See what the same gun in similar condition sold for, not what the seller wanted for it, but what it actually sold for. Prices go up and down depending on demand and market situations. Black rifles were through the stratosphere a year ago. Now they're back down to what they should cost, or close to it. There are at least a half dozen gun sites online to search for comparables. Your original post says you haven't been able to find anything online, but you may not have hit them all. It would be a really unusual item that did not have something out there to compare it to. The members of this board also have a substantial accumulation of knowledge and might be able to give you a good estimate if you don't mind posting the details.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Buckrub, my most recent BB is two years old. But I'd be happy to look it up for you if it would help. Feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
25,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't find any similar sale on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, none of them. That's the only reason that I asked about another source. I can find no record that this dang gun existed, much less sold [email protected]@!!!!! :biggrin:

Revnate, PM coming.

No, I don't mind, and it is VERY possible it's my lack of searching skills that's to blame.

it's a Savage Model 16, but it's NOT the Weather Warrior. It is a brown laminated stock (factory), with stainless barrel and rings..........caliber is 7MM WSM. Only reason I got it was at the time I wanted a .270 WSM in this configuration, and none existed. But I could get a 7MM. There's little difference.

But I can't find where one ever existed or was sold, or for how much.

In a few months, I'm having the Buckrub Huge Sporting Goods Garage Sale Extravaganza. I seldom sell a gun that I own, but I'd sell that one. I realize the rarity may work for or against me. If against me, I'll keep it. If for me, maybe a decent price. I have no clue.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Walk into Booksamillion or other similar bookstore, buy a cup of coffee, & walk back to the sporting books section.

They always have one or more of the latest issue gun values books on the shelf for you to flip through.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Keep digging. You will find the information. Sometimes it takes a little detective work if it is an oddball or rare gun.

·
Registered
25,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help. Revnate gave me some good info, too, via PM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
buckrub my bb its the 28th edition shows your gun was new in 2003 with brown laminated stock with cut checking stainless action & barrel at 100% 560.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts