Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm considering the doghouse for my wife and myself. She sat in my treestand
for little over an hour frozen by fear. I think a ground blind will be the only
way to go for her. There are many more blinds to choose from but lack of money is why I wanted the doghouse. At 80.00 if nothing else it will make a cool club house for the boys.

·
Registered
548 Posts
A ground blind has several advantages, but a few downfalls also. I bought the g-30 about 3 years ago at wal-mart. It needs to be on fairly level ground or it will make you seat very uncomfortable, and it also makes it tough to shoot your bow through the screens because of the angle of the blind on a hill. Another downfall is that sometimes your vision is blocked because of the blind which might cause you not to see a deer. The good thing about them is you don't have to have a tree, no mosquitoes and if you have a good seat they are very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I just bought a new blind for this season, b/c my old Ameristep Stackhouse was destroyed by the lumber company when they came in a clear cut where i had it, i bought the Big Game Escape DX...i really like it b/c it is really big and i can make a standing bow shot in it...it is really easy to set up probably takes me 20 sec max to set up and take down...kinda pricy but it was what i wanted so....i like being able to move and not be seen

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I have the Doghouse by Ameristep. The only thing I have noticed on a few ocassions was the the deer would spook sometimes. But I use a folding chair and can sit in the blind all day as with the climber I will get cramps and have to get down and walk a little bit thus spooking anything around for sure. That is the one thing it eliminates.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
i got one of these a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale for $164
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_94403_400008008_400000000_400008000_400-8-8
Hey Tony when you put your blind up on a sunny day will you pay special attention to see if the blind puts off a glare. The reason I am asking is I have found out when I put my blind in the sun and not in the shade it does in fact put off a glare and I think that is causing the deer to spook sometimes. Thanks John

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Hey Tony when you put your blind up on a sunny day will you pay special attention to see if the blind puts off a glare. The reason I am asking is I have found out when I put my blind in the sun and not in the shade it does in fact put off a glare and I think that is causing the deer to spook sometimes. Thanks John

i will check i have only set it up to air out & have not hunted out of it yet.

cropduster this is a groundmax primos bought out groundmax & double bull. tony

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
I have used the doghouse for 5 years and highly recommend it. I've had turkeys at 5yrds and not even look at it. The one thing I do is to break up the outline a little by laying a couple of branches on it. Up close, though the deer wonder what the heck is sitting in their living room, and don't seem to like it when their less than 20 yrds from it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
eastman LX-5

I have an Eastman LX-5 and love it cause the center height is plenty big enough to stand up and come to full draw. It has the black interior that is like x-scent and rejuvinates itself even on cloudy days they say. Has 11 meshed in windows and a couple of camera ports for vidioing. Sets and tears down in 1 minute. Blinds are awesome for turkeys and they will come right to the window of them and not be spooked....buy deer are a whole different story!!!! for your blind to produce a doe...let alone a nice buck...you have to leave it out in the area you're going to hunt for quite a few days or weeks so the deer can get accustomed to it. And you have to brush them in as well as you possibly can...and I mean really brush it in where you can't hardly tell there's a blind sitting there. IMO, it's tons harder taking a nice doe or buck from a blind than it is sitting 25-30foot up in a tree. But it's a fact that they are lots more comfortable and easier hunting ....but I like my odds better in my climber or high up stationary than in my blind. Good luck to you this season!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.