Blackout cameras

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by nanny, Dec 19, 2012.

1. nanny

nanny Well-Known Member

Anybody know what quality of pics the blackout cameras take?

2. nanny

nanny Well-Known Member

Thats the one i was looking at. Thanks.

3. kfarm

kfarm Well-Known Member

Good looking coon you got there

4. nanny

nanny Well-Known Member

5. Very few if any blurry pics like the old IR cameras. It does a good job overall as a general game camera on a bait station.

6. bottomlands

bottomlands Well-Known Member

R they better than the moultrre D55IR, I have 3 of them an they miss a lot of pics, I mean 40lb of corn gone with only one pic!! But next time it mite have 500 pics

7. Trigger is better than the older models best I can tell........ not a high dollar camera by any means, but I doubt it missed much.

8. nanny

nanny Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with my 55IR. Never know when its gonna work.

9. clayroberts

clayroberts Well-Known Member

i have one! i like it alot...doesnt seem like i miss anything but ya never know ab that i guess...but i have noticed that deer can hear them click when it takes a pic..i have a big of a real good buck comin up to the corn and every pic it took it follows up with another pic and the deer lifts his head up after the first pic and starts lookin around the after like 10 pics he pin pointed it and was lookin at the camera the next pic is him hoping off..

10. mb1991

mb1991 Well-Known Member

Really like mine. Bought one in September and been of since. Only blurry pics have been deer running full speed by camera. Lond range illumination and unlock the normal ir camera, the deer don't seem to alwys be looking right at the camera and then walking away in next pic.

11. Levia07

Levia07 Well-Known Member

Pictures are very clear unless the deer is running. I had this camera out in Kansas for a month and a half and filled up the memory card and still had 40 percent battery life. If you have it over feed and don't want a bunch of pictures of coons you can put sensitivity on low and it will cut a lot of coon pictures out. I have 4 cameras and the blackout is by far my favorite. Will be buying another one next year.

12. pirogue

pirogue Well-Known Member

you get what you pay for