Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying for 10 years i finally scored a ML permit for D.D. I have not hunted there much, mainly around the Biggers Acess/ canoe slough area and down by the pipeline crossing. I don't have a boat so i am restricted to walk in. Any ideas? Will the warden help you get one out? (Mr. Oldham at Rainey Brake will). Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
There are some great ones in there. Skeets and snakes are gonna most likely be UGLY mid October. Don't have a clue where to go. Yall figgure it out let me know. I will come back when it gets cold with my bow.:wink:
A boat would sure make things a lot easier, both getting to your stand and getting a deer out. I have been saying I am gonna hunt that place next year for about 10 years now. Still have not been.:smack:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I was thinking about going in behind lake Ashbaugh, but i am not familar with it at all. Puddle, I once seen a double drop tine in the levee area(about 4 years ago).
I have some video I took about 5 years ago in my uncle's field of a drop tine buck. I true monster. I'll be hunting about 150 yards from where I last seen him. Maybe he sowed some seed. :thumb:

·
Administrator
90,684 Posts
I MZ hunted up there ~10 years ago or so. Saw quite a few deer, including the bigggest deer I have ever seen in my life. A guy came in just as we were leaving. He pulled up in a boat and had a huge buck laying in the boat. It took about 4 or 5 guys to get the deer out of the boat and on the scales at the check station. They were spring scales that went to 250#. When they hung the deer on the scales, it bottomed them out without slowing down. It was a monster 10 point with a drop tine off of each main beam. He said he was hunting an island out on the river.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hope to scout some in the morning(Friday) at the levee at Biggers.
If you are up for a walk, drive as far as you can down the Reyno levee then walk about 1/4 mile down the levee. Where the west levee tees in check for sign. I used to hunt back in there alot when you could still take 4-wheelers in. I'm on the lazy side now. I have a buddy that still hunts there quite a bit. His wife won the women's division at the BBC with one from in there.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.