Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going to the shoot in Berryville May 16-18th?

I plan to be there at least saturday and sunday, and maybe friday if I can get loose. Me and a buddy are planning to go. He shoots a Lancaster style Pennsylvania flinter he built, and I'll be exercising my Mortimer-styled target rifle in .54 flint. We both have C&B revolvers, so those will probably come out to play. We plan to camp, but I haven't decided whether to drive out in the motor house or camp in a tent.

Lotsa shooting, and they usually attract a pretty big group of vendors specializing in smoky shooting suppies, and there's always somebody selling real black powder cheap. There's something for all black powder shooters, and they even have trap and "sporting clays" for muzzle-loading shotguns. Come on out, even if you just look and shop, it's a good time.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, looks like I'll be there Friday night to shoot Saturday and Sunday. Plans are to take the hippy house (motor home), I'll post directions and such if anybody wants to come by and say howdy. It'll be the only time you get to see me in period dress. Just flintlock rifle and cap & ball revolver, lotsa smoke.

If you look closely, though, you might spot the 9mm stashed in my possibles bag :biggrin:

JIm Bridger would have done the same, if he had one!

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not very far. Berryville is just a few miles east of Eureka Springs on Hwy. 62.

I'm guessing it's about an hour drive from Cassville.

Berryville is a special place for gun people. It's home to Wilson Combat, reknown builders of 1911's, and now shotguns and AR15's, as well. It's home to Caywood guns, and they build beautiful blackpowder rifles, muskets, and fowling peices, primarily of the flintlock persuasion (Mike builds the locks himself, in-house). They also have the Sanders Firearms Museum, which houses and displays several thousand guns from the Sanders collection.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got in a little practice at the Hobbs estate range saturday, litterally had a blast! My partner has a Walker .44 cap n ball revolver that's about 2 feet long, 4.5 pounds and loads 50 grns of black powder, big clouds of smoke....Man folks wanted to know what that thing was! It was fun to see folks out teaching kids to shoot. Talked to one man sighting in a Tikka .223 with a leupold scope, he was shooting dime sized groups. I got my .54 flinter to shoot 21 times in a row without messing with the flint-- just load, vent pick, wipe frizzen and flint, and shoot! I've never been able to make one work that good.

So I guess I'm ready to embarrass myself at Berryville! :smack:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts