Black Fox?

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by camron, Jan 4, 2008.

1. camron

camron Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

Are there black foxes in AR? I saw either a fox or coyote following a doe and a yearling Saturday. Couldn't get a shot to ground check it.

2. Huntduck

Huntduck Active Member

Never have seen a black one but you never know one maybe lurking about

3. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Never seen a black fox but I have seen several yotes that were dark enough they were almost black.

4. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I saw a black fox in Jonesboro a while back. Just up the street from my Mother's house.

5. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Seen black coyotes before actually 3 of them together.. They were with other coyotes that were of normal colors and were identical in everyway except they were black. They were just out of bow range. Got a very good look at them and no doubt that they were coyotes.

6. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

I killed a black coyote years ago. He had a small patch of white on his chest. I was afraid that I had killed a dog, but it was definitely a coyote.

7. wild willey

wild willey Well-Known Member

seen a few black yotes but never a black fox. I have seen a fox that was almost completly white. He was just a old red fox I think. Almost a light gray color but either way it was pretty and unusual.

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I saw a pack of wild dogs that were mostly black...they were weird in that they all looked like miniatur Hyenas, and had little spindly tails with a wisp of fur at the tip end. Each was a carbon copy of the first, and had rounded ears! This was just north of the Dallas Co line!

9. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

There is a picture of a black coyote on this forum somewhere.

10. tony r

tony r Moderator<br>Bowhunting<br>Guns, Ammunition, Reloa

silver fox maybe i had a buddy kill one of these 6 or 7 years ago & non of the local game wardens had ever seen or heard of one. it was a very pretty animal.check out first pic in this link , did it look like this. tony

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/silver-fox.html

11. lunger

lunger Well-Known Member

I've seen one black yote , but he was bigger than a fox . :smack:

12. archer

archer Well-Known Member

They are all just variations of the red fox. Silver, cross, black all are in actuallity red foxes. I believe they are muck more common up north but it's not out of the question here. I would actually be surprised to see even a red fox anymore here because of all the coyotes. Used to be pretty common but they are gone now. Only place I regularly see them is in Bella Vista.

13. camron

camron Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

If it was a 'yote it had pretty short legs.

14. jeffcowhite

jeffcowhite Well-Known Member

i killed 2 black ones in one setting with the same white patch on the chest!