Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very pretty duck but to me it looks more like a black duck X mallard hybrid, the head looks like it has a little green, but the dead give away is the little white tips on the secondary feathers ont he wings. you may correct me if thats not white on the wings. Anyway, awesome duck

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Def. no green on the head. Looks just like all the black ducks I've seen mounted. There were a few on the wall in the clubhouse and they looked just like this one.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very pretty duck but to me it looks more like a black duck X mallard hybrid, the head looks like it has a little green, but the dead give away is the little white tips on the secondary feathers ont he wings. you may correct me if thats not white on the wings. Anyway, awesome duck
I appologize, i looked it up, and blackducks can have a little white on the tips

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks... Now I can check that one off the list. Would like to kill a red head, canvas back, ringneck, and a hybrid.

Did I mention I want them all to be banded. :clap:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Never shot a black, but I did see some on the field last week. Not the one I was hunting but the oine I used to hunt right next to me!!! Sucked... thousands of ducks and I couldn't fire a shot.

·
Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
996 Posts
yeah, no competition this weekend. It was almost as if I was the only one out there.
I can't imagine why you would have been the only one out there this past weekend.....:skeptical:

Cool duck. I have only seen two while I was hunting and they were with a flock of mallards.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts