Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The state of Washington has a proposal in their legislation to discourage large engines, encourage folks to go with the electric vehicles, to help fight global warming. There will be an annual fee assessed on the vehicles per the engine size. It is Bill 6900. This is in addition to the regular annual fees. Hope this does not take hold in Arkansas. Below is the engine size and annual fee. Remember, this is in addition to sales tax, property tax, registration, etc.

Engine Size (liters) Rate Schedule
Up to 1.9 $0
2.0 - 2.9 $70
3.0 - 3.9 $225
4.0 - 4.9 $275
5.0 - 5.9 $325
6.0 - 7.9 $400
8.0 or over $600

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Washington state is one of those less known crappy states!

I wouldnt move there period! In my occupation as a A&P Technician they would charge me to work in my field!!!!!
I am licensed through the FAA and they don't don't charge me to use my license. But the state of washington will charge me to work!!!!!!!!!

Liberal state:mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Am I the only person that thinks this bill is ridiculous? What do they plan to do about people that require a large truck for work purposes??

Plus, until every size vehicle has an electric/hybrid counterpart, this bill should not even be thought about. I'd like to see a rancher driving a Honda Prius out across a field to check on his cattle. :smack:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be sure they do not hurt too many of their friends, motorhomes are exempt. Now that should make you feel better.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Am I the only person that thinks this bill is ridiculous? What do they plan to do about people that require a large truck for work purposes??

Plus, until every size vehicle has an electric/hybrid counterpart, this bill should not even be thought about. I'd like to see a rancher driving a Honda Prius out across a field to check on his cattle. :smack:
You act like the Goverment CARES... The only thing Goverment cares about at this point is self induced Power at the expense of all Taxpayers....

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It's not to discourage anything............it's a way to rob the peasants of more of thier money.

I am amazed that law makers in states like washington continue to get elected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts