Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows the Hunting and camping in this area...I'm looking to do a little Deer hunting and was hoping to get a chance at a Bear or hog in this Area too ???

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:biggrin: Thats what I'm figuring after looking at the bear harvest for the past few yrs it seems that pope, johnson a newton co have the highest bear harvest ever yr ..So I figure that area must have the highest concentration of bears ... So I thought i might try and find a good area over in that area to camp and hunt ...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
There's a pretty nice campground at Long Pool, which is right on the creek. There's another at a place called Haw Creek Falls. There are a lot of other places where you can do some primitive camping. If you come down to camp, let me know and I'll come visit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
When we went down, we just camped at some of the primative sites off one of the roads, I don't remember any of the specifics on the area, I know there was a hog farm in the bottom close to where we were, we camped above it. We seen the farmer hauling hogs out. I killed a centipede about 6 inchs long down there. My uncles killed a few decent deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.