Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hunted Big Island this weekend. We caught & Stuck 4, 2 Boars & 2 Sows. Also brought home one Pig. Had an awesome time with some good friends..........

L to R, David Norton, Paul Moore, & myself.......

·
Premium Member<br>2006 Turkey Team Contest Winner<
7,279 Posts
We hunted Big Island this weekend. We caught & Stuck 4, 2 Boars & 2 Sows. Also brought home one Pig. Had an awesome time with some good friends..........

L to R, David Norton, Paul Moore, & myself.......

Great looking boar!!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I have heard of an island that is home to huge population of hogs. Where is Big Island and is it a pay to hunt or is it a DIY type of hunt? Great looking animal, by the way. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard of an island that is home to huge population of hogs. Where is Big Island and is it a pay to hunt or is it a DIY type of hunt? Great looking animal, by the way. Thanks!!

Big Island is 99% leased land. And is occupied by several hunting clubs.....

Big Island is the land located between the Arkansas, White, & Mississippi Rivers near Tichnor.............

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
You were right across the river from my camp....which end were ya hunting!! I know the river hasn't dropped out with all the rain, but sure looks like ya'll had some fun!!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were right across the river from my camp....which end were ya hunting!! I know the river hasn't dropped out with all the rain, but sure looks like ya'll had some fun!!!!

I guess you'd call it the west end. We were Hunting at Grady Camp.......

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I guess you'd call it the west end. We were Hunting at Grady Camp.......
10-4...I can now see Dumas Camp on the Island from some of my stands, since the Timber company cut the strip along the river to keep from losing the timber on it this spring...last year we lost a lot of acreage along the river:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Searkhogfan, them's Russians in that part of the country aint it. We hunted just south of Vicksburg a couple of weeks ago. We go every year and them are some chicken hearted running son of a guns! Very frustrating and rough dang country.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Searkhogfan, them's Russians in that part of the country aint it. We hunted just south of Vicksburg a couple of weeks ago. We go every year and them are some chicken hearted running son of a guns! Very frustrating and rough dang country.

I Hate them Runnin' S.O.B's. And I will Stick each & everyone I catch.........:thumb: I caught a Good Black Boar over there & would loved to have Turned him loose to spread his seed. But they wanted to Stick Him........

·
Registered
972 Posts
looks like you had a good day! how was the buffalo gnats along the river?:thumb:

I don't know how they were on that side of the river, but at the cabin this weekend, our DIL and I got ate up.......I have bites all over and scratching like a mad cat!!! Anyone got any home remedies for the itch ????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts