Big Buck Classic

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by johnf, Jan 14, 2008.

1. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I finally live close enough to go, but don't know anything about it.

What is it? Is it worth going to? What does it cost? Will there be vendors there?

I got on the web-sight. It looks good, but there's really not much info on it for someone who's never been there.

I'm looking for some reloading equipment and though I might be able to get some cheap while I was there. Will there be anything like that. Do the big boys come ie. Outdoor Chanel, MidwayUsa, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Summit and such.

2. yes it is worth going too. I have never seen much reloading stuff there. but lots of vendors selling other things, and most importantly lots of big bucks on the walls

i think the cost this year is $10

3. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

They are expecting between 30,000 and 40,000 visitors at the BBC this year over the course of the three day event. If you've never been you owe it to yourself to go at least once, but I know a ton of folks that go every year. The buck scoring area is worth the price of admission by itself. :thumb:

.270Win

4. popgun

popgun Well-Known Member

I went once a number of years ago and was not impressed.
    I went again a couple of years ago, thinking that maybe I just caught the BBC on a bad day the first time.
    I still was not impressed.

As far as you are from Little Rock, I would skip it and save your money.
    If you want to be impressed by all the vendors, go to the big gun show in Tulsa.
    I don't know when it is, but it is more than worth your money spent and travel time.
    ....popgun

5. fairweatherhunter

fairweatherhunter Well-Known Member

That BBC is just too crowded for me.:smack:

6. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I'm just about 45 minutes from the fairgrounds. Is that still to far?

7. popgun

popgun Well-Known Member

Sorry John, somehow I had the idea you lived up around the Springdale/ Fayetteville area.

I guess you're not too far.
    I live in Beebe, and thats too far to be disappointed again.
    ....popgun

8. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I can take it or leave it. I would say that it is worth going to if you may be looking to buy hunting gear.

9. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Man i go every year... Its a blast, u be supprised the people u know u will run into...

10. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I've always enjoyed myself down there of course I usually have enough going on not to get bored with it. I might even enjoy a go at the pop-ups this year if I've got 5 shoot-able arrows left. :smack:

11. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    I think its well worth the 10 bucks myself even if you only go to see the deer that folks have brought in.

Some of the vendors have pretty good deals. Others you can buy it as cheap or cheaper someplace else.

12. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

So if I'm just wanting a good deal on some reloading stuff would I be better off waiting for a big gun show or just gettting on-line? There's no place to get what I want around here that I know of.

13. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

Ya ive been every year the last couple years and this year im gonna take my deer up there and get him scored

14. farmerjon

farmerjon Well-Known Member

I am with Popgun the tulsa gun show in April is where you need to go. 11 acres under roof with like 3800 tables of guns and gun related stuff. Anyone that is interested in guns should go at least once in their life.
    just my 2 cents

Farmerjon

15. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Here here!

If you go, take family band radios and a notepad. We split up to cover more ground and everybody gets a list of what folks in the group are looking for. If you see something, you better write down the isle and row number where you found it, or you'll never see it again--it's that big!

16. There is a reason its called the AR Big BUCK Classic, not the AR Big GUN Classic :rolleyes:

17. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I'd have to say "yeah" to that, a gun show or something like that would be your best bet.

18. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

That's why I asked :razz:

19. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Ive been just about every year theyve had one and I dont remember seeing much if any in the way of reloading equipment.