Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday morning something in the air really had the birds fired up in madison county...22lbs.1-1/4" spurs and 9 1/2"beard.This bird came in from well over half a mile away.I heard at least 6 different birds.It was an awesome hunt.Im thinking next week will be even better....

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Congratulations! I don't know how in the world you heard a bird that far away though. Where I was the wind was blowing so hard you'd be doing good to hear a gobble at 80 yards, let alone 800. :smack:

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arkie,I was in a big bottom in the back in of a feild didnt even notice the wind.Also f.y.i.I had a pretty boy decoy set up and when he seen it he threw the brakes on.He didnt like it,And I thought he was going to leave.But he came out of the feild and into the timber and and gave me a thirty five yd. shot.Just thought I would throw that out there.Has anyone had good luck using these decoys here in arkansas....BOWTIME....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.