Better tie it down

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by y hunt, Jan 29, 2008.

1. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

Wind is bad in Russellville. Not sure but around 70-75 mph gust.

2. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Are you sticking your head out the window while you're driving down the freeway again!? :smack: :thumb: The NWS says gusts of 37 in R-ville. I'm up here on the 12th (top) story of a building in LR and I can feel it moving. Making a lot of noise too! :eek:

3. Trapper

Trapper Guest

Good day to be in a tree............Not!:eek:

4. ArkArcher

Or on the lake. :smack: Guess you would save gas. Just head out now and plan to fish to the north of the ramp and the south wind would push you right there....then here before long when the wind switches to out of the north, it'll push you right back to the ramp. :thumb:

5. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Anyone got a kite? Today would be a great day to go and fly it. :biggrin:

6. We're at Baptist here in LR and we get to watch everyone walk into the hospital trying to brave the winds! It's actually quite funny...but seriously, the wind is really howling out there.

7. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

Already turned to the north up here. Was 72 degrees around 1:30 PM and now is 30 degrees at 3:50 PM suppose to go down to 17* tonight and were expecting 2to 3 inches of snow on Thursday. Yep it's blowin' good up here too. :eek:

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Just got home from the VA hospital...uh oh...gotta go ...a fire

9. ArkArcher

Here at LR,

At 1:53 it was 75
    At 2:53 it was 64
    At 3:35 it was 54.

That’s a pretty fast cool down! Oh, the wind gusted to 54mph last hour.:eek:

10. John Stiles

I'm back.....anyway....yeah, the wind was bad in Little Rock....not too awful great here at Tulip either. Couldn't find the fire....was suppose to be the Methodist Church, but it wasn't as far as I could tell...I guess I'l find out when the trucks get back!

11. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]Couldn't find the fire....was suppose to be the Methodist Church, but it wasn't as far as I I guess I'l find out when the trucks get back![/QUOTE]

Same problem here. I'm on the Fire Department and we have been called out twice in the last hour. Once to a power line down resulting in a grass fire and then to a part of a metal roof being blown off into the highway.:censored:
    We now have just been put on standby to assist neightboring departments in Indepence county incase of a major fire.:smack:

12. John Stiles

Just got back after another call for the same fire....turned into: a pine tree being blown onto the high voltage power lines.....set the right of way on fire....the fire plow got there just in time to head it off though. I had my new shoes on....:cool: :biggrin:

13. BUCKSHOT_106

I believe their is a few forsestry units in Indepence county working a fire

14. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

My hair cuttin' lady about burned up the farm today. They were just burning a little trash early when it was still out, but the wind came up sudden and caught them by surprise. :smack: Lost several hay bales, but could have been a disaster!

And I heard Ft. Chaffee was basically on fire, they thought somebody had set fire to one of the empty barracks buildings, and of course it spread rapidly. Radio said they were considering closing down some of the nearby highways due to the smoke! :eek:

15. BUCKSHOT_106

Any spark will proably start a disaster tonight!

16. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

My brother lives in Corning and he said that they had an 18 Wheeler blow over onto another vehicle.

17. BUCKSHOT_106

Maybe nothing drastic will result later on this evening.

18. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Feels like I made a wrong turn somewhere and I'm in the Gulf of Mexico instead on the MS river. Winds are steady 25-35 mph with some gusts lately up to 45-50 on my wind gage. Got some big swells in the big river.

19. John Stiles

How's yer heading??:thumb:

20. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Shoulda been with me...45ft in the air, trying to pick up wire with the winds at 35-45 mph!!!!!!!!! we'd get wire picked up behind a switch...go to make it Hot, and the line that fed the switch would be Dead...from another tree falling into it!!!!! Almost like beating yer head up against a wall....making no Progress!!!!!! the temps dropped pretty fast too.......I'm getting too old for this crap:smack: