Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Growing up, Dagmar and Watensaw were full of squirrels. Plenty of old roads and sloughs to walk down and never had any competition from other people hunting squirrels. Dagmar favored greys and Wattensaw was more reds. Also hunted what is now the Cache river refuge or whatever it is called. It was great hunting then. I have friends that still hunt the areas and do well.

·
Premium Member
33,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Growing up, Dagmar and Watensaw were full of squirrels. Plenty of old roads and sloughs to walk down and never had any competition from other people hunting squirrels. Dagmar favored greys and Wattensaw was more reds. Also hunted what is now the Cache river refuge or whatever it is called. It was great hunting then. I have friends that still hunt the areas and do well.
Thanks on my list... Thanks...

·
Premium Member
Commish Weld
22,333 Posts
I hear that the Cash River Refuge is a great place to hunt limb chickens!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Jackie, I know will think I am kidding you or trying to mislead you but right now Bayou DeView, Dagmar and Wattensaw are all busts. You are not likely to kill very many, if any on any one of them. In May, it will likely be different, but now they are just not there. I have never had much luck at Wattensaw. It should be full of squirrels but is road dog hunted hard as are the other two. Bayou Meto had more squirrels than any place I have been to lately. Hunted north end of White River early and was very disappointed.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Jackie, I know will think I am kidding you or trying to mislead you but right now Bayou DeView, Dagmar and Wattensaw are all busts. You are not likely to kill very many, if any on any one of them. In May, it will likely be different, but now they are just not there. I have never had much luck at Wattensaw. It should be full of squirrels but is road dog hunted hard as are the other two. Bayou Meto had more squirrels than any place I have been to lately. Hunted north end of White River early and was very disappointed.
Damn fella! You're like a bad refrigerator, you can't keep nothing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts