Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the lone wolf sticks and I like them. Get an extra stick though to get closer to 20'. I haven't tried the Muddy's but I really like the attachment system that have. I thought the lone wolfs were easy to attach but the muddys cant' be beat. Just not sure about the height on the shorter muddy steps.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have the Muddy and have tried them all. Muddy packs and carries the best I have found. They are the quitest and easiest to put up. Once you get the ropes broke in, you can put these up one handed. The new style Muddy with the swivel put these a step ahead of my LW. I had both LW steps (Short and Regular) so I feel as if I can make these comments. One other nice thing about Muddy is they have 2 steps which is safer when you have muddy or icey boots. 5 Muddy steps if you learn to space right will get you between 18 -20 feet depending on if you get to go straight up the tree.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have both, there is a review on AT where a guy compares them pretty well. 4 muddys will get you about 6" higher than 3LW. I am 5'8" If I want my treestand platform at 20 ft. i have to use 6LW sticks. I like to climb above my stand and step down into it. I like the muddys attachment system, much quieter and quicker. I also like the double step.. I saw where a guy had removed the steps on his LW stick, drilled the hole out and attached the muddy steps on the LW stick, so he could have double steps to stand on while hanging his stand, not a bad idea. another good idea is to carry 2-3 screw in steps and use them at the bottom of the tree to give you a boost

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
I bet they do seymore, I wear a size 12 boot and the LW sticks have plenty of footroom IMO. Also, the buckles on the LW are noisey indeed, kinda the opposite of what LW is all about. The first thing I did was coat the buckles with urethane before I ever hunted with them.

You guys got me wanting to get a set of the Muddy sticks though.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am using the rapid rails and adding a roap loop to the bottom of each step, which gives you an extra step on each one. Allows you to get much higher with the same sticks. With a double rail you get the protection of your boots not slipping.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.