Best season of my life.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by carbonelement, Dec 1, 2012.

1. This season has been absolutely wonderful for me. I am tagged out. I got to take my kids hunting for the first time in their lives. My oldest son, my father, and myself got to go hunting together and my boy killed his first deer ever. I killed the biggest buck of my life. I even got to go hunting with my wife. We don't get in the stand together very often. One of us is usually at home with the kids. This is the first year I have EVER tagged out. Its bitter sweat because I usually love hunting but I am done. Its time to switch to yote. But I realize something as I am typing this. My season was moving slow to say the least. Then I got with BDW and he sent me a "Maddie Grace" bracelet. Once I put that thing on my season changed drastically. Maybe its my good luck charm. But I was wearing it everytime I killed a deer. Well, I haven't taken it off but you get the point. Anyway, it was a great season for me. I got two does with one shot, two bucks, I am just happy. I just hope my wife can turn her season arround. She is having a ruff spell this year. Just throwing up some highlights from the season. And in the ones you can see my right wrist you will notice my "Maddie Grace" bracelet. God bless that girl, she is one heck of a strong fighter.
    this is the two doe with the same arrow
    [​IMG]
    even though the boys were so loud we didn't see a deer. It was most defenetly a great day for me.
    [​IMG]
    another great hunt with the wife. We didn't see one this day either. We were on our lease but hey we spent the afternoon together.
    [​IMG]
    My father and son with my boys first deer of his life. I still haven't figured out which one of us was the happiest. Great memory there.
    [​IMG]
    My cull buck
    [​IMG]
    Biggest buck of my life. Sad story behind him but still happy I got him.
    [​IMG]
    My first bow kill on a yote. If you look closely you can see my "Maddie Grace" bracelet in this one. But I promise it was on for all the others as well.
    [​IMG]

2. swampdonkey01

swampdonkey01 Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great season!

3. Thanks

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Looks like a great year full of memories!! :thumb:

5. sure was, I will never forget this year.

6. bmccullough1

bmccullough1 Well-Known Member

Great memories!! Hope you have a lot more great seasons.

7. thank you

8. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

You trying to rub it in or what! Just kidding C. Glad you've had a great season!

9. :fit: no I promise, I am not trying to rub it in, lol.Thanks

10. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

:woohoo: Way to go CE.....and all of yours with a bow too!!! Congrats buddy!!:up:

11. Thanks Porky, I am still working on finding a pig to stick with the bow. If I can do that your gonna get a mount to do. :biggrin:

12. Made

Made Well-Known Member

Congrats would love to have a season like that

13. you never know. Your season could turn out to be just as good. Its far from over. I hope yours turns out to be just as good if not better.

14. congrats on an awesome season. i am hoping to turn mine around next week. me an my dad are heading to clark county to hunt for a week. i have yet to even kill one deer this year but i have a good feeling about next week.

15. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

Congrats on a GREAT season.

16. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Congratulations on a great season, brother!!! I know what you mean...Maddie Grace has always been my good luck charm!! Well, for the last 9 years that is. :biggrin: God bless you guys, and thanks for the prayers!!!

17. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

Well...i guess the TTCT hunt on the mountain is off now for this year. :-(

18. Hillbillydriller

Hillbillydriller Well-Known Member

Congrats and I must say I am jealous... just a little.

19. Nat1

Nat1 Well-Known Member

Congrats on a great season,I my need to get me one of this bracelets