Best predator scopes

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by brase, Dec 2, 2012.

1. brase

brase Well-Known Member

Fixing to own a Remington r15 and looking for opinions on what optics I should go with! Any info will be appreciated

2. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Got the same rifle with 4x12x50 VXII and 3Lb Timney trigger, Perfect!!

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    What's your budget?

4. btech29

btech29 Well-Known Member

The best scope you can afford. Its not uncommon for me to have more money in my scope than I do in my gun.

5. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

I'm wanting one of those new steiner scopes that is advertised at the top of the page. Mostly because I love my steiner binoculars !

6. btech29

I would love to have one of those Dr. Death. I drool every time I see their banner.

7. No-till Boss

X 2........... if I knew they would gather light like my steiner 10x42 predator, I'd let you look through mine.:biggrin:

8. btech29

Thats the difference for sure. I use Zeiss and the biggest difference is low light. I just bought a Luepold and it aint even close on low light.

9. No-till Boss

I hate saying this because I know it's not going to popular, but everytime I buy a leupold (except for the LPS one) I've wished I would have bought a higher grade. Good glass will ruin you....

10. btech29

Its not popular No-till, but the facts are the facts.

11. ursus

ursus Well-Known Member

I've been real tempted to get a Minox scope. They get awesome reviews and aren't ridiculously expensive.

12. brase

brase Well-Known Member

Would like to keep it around 400 mr c

13. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Blow the dust off a couple of those gubmint checks they send you guys for sitting around and not planting and you can buy a case of 'em. :giveup: :fit:

14. No-till Boss

:mad:.............:biggrin:

15. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I figured I could drag you out of hiding. :fit:

Ole C is good about knowing which buttons to push.

16. 42769vette

42769vette Forum Sponsor<br>A&A Optics<br>www.aaoptics.com

The main detail that we need is the price range you want to be in. A 3000 dollar swarovski will be alot better than a 200 dollar nikon. Shoot me a pm, Im a advertiser here and my entire business revolves around walking folks into the perfect optic for their budget, and the way they intend to use it.

17. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Better hurry...:fit:

18. No-till Boss

Did you over-look this then ?

https://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=140850

19. 42769vette

42769vette Forum Sponsor<br>A&A Optics<br>www.aaoptics.com

20. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    I went a different route than most for my new coyote AR. I had always used 3x9 or 4x10 variables, but invariably a coyote would pop out at 40 yards and I'd left it turned up. I got a 6x42 fixed power sightron SII big sky on close out. Normally $400 scope, but was on close out for $279 then sightron had a $100 rebate. Total cost $179 plus shipping for an awesome scope. The 6x is plenty to 300 yards or more but not too much if they pop up close to you.