Best Place to buy meat

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by huntbigbucs, Dec 23, 2011.

1. In central Arkansas. Small quantities of steak, hamburger, pork. More interested in quality vs saving money. I know there is the meat shop in gravel ridge. Anyone buy from them? Or other suggestions

2. s12eaton

s12eaton Well-Known Member

Tommy's is at the Morgan/Maumelle exit. There is also Hoggs on Camp Robinson. Both of those places I have always been pleased with selection and quality.

3. steve72444

steve72444 Well-Known Member

The Meat Man in Gravel Ridge Has some killer Cajun Stuffed Pork Chops. Hoggs on Camp Robinson is also pretty good.

4. if you are willing to take a drive. There is a meat processor in Centerville. Gordon Miller is his name. GREAT meat and price. But that is one heck of a drive for you.

5. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I find sams club hard to beat for steaks.

6. fairweatherhunter

fairweatherhunter Well-Known Member

Edwards Food Giant has a nice selection of meat and several butchers on staff. Try their homemade sausages. Also Big Star in Mayflower has a good meat department.

7. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

X 2 on Sams, got two cases of butts there the other day ! Great meat and good prices.

8. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Tommy's and Hoggs for me!

9. brushcreek

brushcreek Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I took a quartered deer to Tommy about 5 years ago. I had cleaned and washed the deer before putting in my ice chest. He refused to process the deer because he said there was too much hair on the meat. I will never go there again.

10. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

11. Retooferab

Retooferab Well-Known Member

SAMs has excellent meat. My belly is full from a filet I got from right now.

12. We have been buying steak at sams and no complaints. Curious if even better options out there

13. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Kroger has some good steaks