Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm been thinking that Big Brother keeps getting closer and closer to subverting my 2nd Amendment rights, So where would the best place and way to buy something like a AR10M4 unregistered.... I'd like to have it this way, so when the Commies start rounding up our Freedom (guns) They dont know I have it ...The more I read the more I'm convinced that its not long.. then it will be to late .. Do Guns Shows work this way at all.. I know I cant get 1 that way at a dealer and finding 1 new from a Private owner could be hard..

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I'm been thinking that Big Brother keeps getting closer and closer to subverting my 2nd Amendment rights, So where would the best place and way to buy something like a AR10M4 unregistered.... I'd like to have it this way, so when the Commies start rounding up our Freedom (guns) They dont know I have it ...The more I read the more I'm convinced that its not long.. then it will be to late .. Do Guns Shows work this way at all.. I know I cant get 1 that way at a dealer and finding 1 new from a Private owner could be hard..
I'm pretty sure Gun Shows are still that way.I have'nt bought one that way in a while.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I do not think there is no way around this.
Say for instance I did what you are talking about and the officials decided to inspect me?
I think I am smart wrap the weapon in plastic and bury it! A simple metal dector will find it.
What I am saying is just think about what you are saying you may not be wrong and personally you are not. But I and a few others live in the tech world and what is out there it will not make a difference what you do.
Think of it this way Norstar that is on the vehicles nowdays you may not pay for the service but let that vehicle get stolen the first thing the police do is contact the service they activate it and whamo they track it GPS.
Cell Phones and I have one of the oldest models but if you look it has a GPS imbeded in the phone.
One more thing is LED's you can take a flashlight and a ohm meter shine the flashlight in it and it will register a voltage. Now it is a statisic that 40.00 dollars a month in electricity is used in a household a month just by idle equipment such as computors, tv's etc. Now when you turn on that tv you think that all you see is the picture but guess what it is not so any more. in 98 or 99 the tv seen changed.
Also I do not read my meter anymore the electric company does via my meter through the electric line.
Not trying to rain on your parade just letting you know the truth.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not going to go bury it or anything like that I'm thinking if I buy 1 that is Registered and they ever decide to ban them...They will know where most of them are located, I really dont want this particular weapon to be rip out of my house in order to please some Lib...

I believe I have my answer now ... If you cant do it at a gun show with cash

Buy it from someone who loves you !!!! trying to prove they didnt sell it someone else would make it difficult with the laws as they are NOW.. But I think that will be changing in the very near future...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I bought a handgun last weekend at the LR gunshow. The only things exchanged were cash and a handshake. That is my preferred way to acquire firearms. If you look hard enough, you'll find what you are wanting.
By the way, I don't mind paying a little more for guns when I buy them that way.:wink:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I'm not going to go bury it or anything like that I'm thinking if I buy 1 that is Registered and they ever decide to ban them...They will know where most of them are located, I really dont want this particular weapon to be rip out of my house in order to please some Lib...

I believe I have my answer now ... If you cant do it at a gun show with cash

Buy it from someone who loves you !!!! trying to prove they didnt sell it someone else would make it difficult with the laws as they are NOW.. But I think that will be changing in the very near future...
Not trying to be a doomsayer or that I did not think that type of type of tech was around always thought it was the Buck Rodgers type of junk. But I have to say it is here now no getting around it. In the eighties I would have said no now I personally know it is a different world.

·
Administrator
73,305 Posts
Didn't I read somewhere about NO PERSONAL ATTACKS :smack:
Yep, it's in the rules. Glad someone's reading them. :thumb:

That was not a personal attack, just an opinion.

The gubmint man really isn't out there to get you. I'm as skeptical about gun confiscation as anyone on this board. If it REALLY comes down to knocking on the doors and confiscating guns, do you think they will just stand on your front porch and say that they have X number of 4473's showing that you purchased firearms and you need to turn them in??

Over the last 30+ years, I have bought quite a few guns that I have since sold. Some of those guns are on a 4473 in my name, and some were sold 20 or more years ago. I have also bought guns from individuals and they are on a 4473 in someone's name, but not mine. If it gets to the point they are going door to door confiscating guns, they'll be in your house searching every nook and crannie. They won't just stand at the front door and take your word that you sold them all. Whether the guns are on paper or not, they will get them. Owning a few guns not on a 4473 is just a feel good measure.

When you buy from a gun shop, they aren't "registered", the 4473 stays in the shop owners possession until he goes out of business. They are his records of the sale of the firearm, and are subject to review by the ATF for either tracing of a firearm that might have been recovered from a crime, or for compliance with record keeping. If the shop goes out of business, then they are sent to the ATF. It's not like that every purchase that the gun shop calls the ATF and reports who bought what.

Hey, it's a fun game to think you are outsmarting the feds, continue on. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Cash and a handshake at a gun show. Only difference between that and buying out of a trunk of a car is the handshake I guess. Everything depends on the buyer. If they knock on my door, I'll just have to figure out who I sold them to. By the way, my last 3 were purchased by my wife. I guess that will be her problem, or should I say, their problem.:razz:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I use to worry about buying from stores and the paperwork until I realized all they had to do was get the records from the G & F and get the name of anyone that had a hunting license and they would pretty much know where the gun owners were. :smack:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I am sorry and did not want to hijack your thread and if the mods will delete my post it will be fine with me. DW

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hope ya don't think the U.S. Goverment could impose or make a game plan
to take the firearms. That would be a huge task just look at any other task
they had to accomplish. (ie, ss, medicare, border control,ect,ect,ect,) To start with they would have to appoint some one to do it. All of this would require effort and organization which they have no clue. I'am not saying this could not happen, but I think we would have plenty of fore warning. so support the nra,sci,ect,ect.

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
I use to worry about buying from stores and the paperwork until I realized all they had to do was get the records from the G & F and get the name of anyone that had a hunting license and they would pretty much know where the gun owners were. :smack:
Good point.

·
Registered
537 Posts
They'll not come after the guns, they'll sit back and let the guns come to them. traffic stop, disturbance call, etc.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts