Best mouth on a hound.

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by ARCOONHTR, Jan 7, 2018.

1. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

My heart skips a few beats when I hear a good young dog get treed.

Drhodes likes this.
  2. logchainleroy

logchainleroy Well-Known Member

Been a good while since I’ve been. I miss it.

3. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    X100

4. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Back in my late teens and early twenties I did. Hard to do that around here anymore. Got too much to lose.

5. nick83

nick83 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Team Winner<br>2014

cabot
    Wife and kids slowed me down. All I wanted to do when i was young was coon hunt every night and run comp hunts. Had a guy that footed the bill. Man I had the life.

6. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    I hunted for a man out of Georgia he owned gold ch stylish thunder the last live covered living son off wagers stylish lipper he always talked about how loud he was I never personally saw him though

7. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Is there any money in the competition hunts anymore? They (PKC) used to have several a year here in town but they haven’t had a hunt in 7 or 8 years that I know of.

8. curdog1

L.S. foot the bill?

9. curdog1

Not really much money in it. The paid handlers have pretty well taken over and dominate the large events. Shabel and partners will have 8-10 dogs at every big hunt there is.

10. nick83

cabot
    Buddy Gilbert

11. nick83

cabot
    I hunted/trained the Hayes dog that Tyler won the youth world hunt with.

12. LAhoghunter

LAhoghunter Well-Known Member

I may be a homer
    But my 5 year old Black and Tan male is as loud as I, my dad, or anyone else that has hunted with us has ever heard
    When dogs tree you think they are real far until CAP joins in
    Man he is loud and pretty in the woods!

13. lawson6565

lawson6565 Well-Known Member

i used to own a plott gip that had the coldest nose on a dog as was ever made. she would work a cold track and would start squeeling softly. the hotter it got, the louder she squelled.after a bit she would start a bawl and them it got hot, she screamed like you were beating her. the best thing was if she found a deer that ran off after being shot, she would change to a chop mouth and stay there till you got there. money couldn't buy her so she died in my pen at 16 yrs old. only dog i ever saw to do that. wish i had another just like her.