Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack the other line thread so figured I'd start a new one.. what do yall use when you use walking top water baits, braid or mono? Sometimes I feel like braid hurts the action of the lure but I love the no stretch it has. Also, do you use a shorter rod for easier walking, or a longer rod for longer casts?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I use a 30# braid mainline with a 12# 4-6' mono leader. Only thing you have to get right is how your leader knot handles the eyes on your rod. I use a gel superglue to make sure the cut end of the mono stays down so it doesn't get snagged and cause a backlash.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
It depends on what you are fishing in. Mono will float better and make easier to walk a bait in open water. Especially if you use a clip or loop knot. If you are fishing in grass mats with a frog you will probably be better with braid, since it's stronger and it will stay on top of the grass anyway. I use a 7' MH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.