Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, please send me a PM if you have to, I need to know who the best duck taxidermist is in these states. I already made a bad decision lately and got my boy's first greenhead boogered up for $275. He also killed 2 pintails this year, and I want to get them mounted, but don't want to mess around this time and give anybody the benefit of the doubt of assuming they know what they are doing, or like in this most recent case, believing when they tell me they can mount it like in the photo I provided.

I am not looking solely for convenience (e.g., close to me) or inexpensive.... I am looking for the best. Most of my own ducks were done to look very good (and natural) for $100-150, and while I understand those days are long gone, I do not want to pay premium price for another hose-job.

So I realize a lot of people (probably too many) mount ducks, but I am looking for someone who is dang good at it-- any accurate guidance is appreciated, thanks in advance. Don't mean to sound direct but I can't mess around this time. thanks

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
There is a guy in West Monroe that does very good work. My buddy that hunts all over the world has all his animals shipped to him to mount. I'll try to find his name tomorrow if I can.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, those look considerably better than the greenhead I got back. They say they can try to re-soak the wings and fix it, but am skeptical.

I want to get the hanging dead mount as pictured above. I need a taxidermist who I won't have to worry about ringing their neck if they screw it up, it isn't every day an 8-year old kills 2 pintails.

thanks again

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wild Wings Avian Artistry in Ft Smith Randy Terry phone (479) 461-5578 randy is a friend of mine and has won numerous national and state awards and he mounted my sons first mallard

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah, those look considerably better than the greenhead I got back. They say they can try to re-soak the wings and fix it, but am skeptical.

I want to get the hanging dead mount as pictured above. I need a taxidermist who I won't have to worry about ringing their neck if they screw it up, it isn't every day an 8-year old kills 2 pintails.

thanks again
you can't beat a good dead mount. im having another dead mount done this year. greenhead and pintail done together

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd use the one down the road from you personally. The only place I go now. I wish I had a pic of the red head a buddy of mine had done to show you but it's hanging in the camp now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts