Arkansas Hunting banner

Best catfish (resturaunt)

4K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  mr4pt 
#1 · (Edited)
We've had the best BBQ debate. What's the best catfish (restaurant) you've ever eaten.

My #1. I ate at the catfish resturaunt in Dewitt last year during the gator hunt. Had the "river fish". It was lights out and I eat fish 1-2 times a week.

Disclaimer: Doug makes the best fish period. Caught and fried at home is usually better I know

#10 ·
Used to eat at a place years ago, I want to say it was in Lodge Corner, but it may be the same joint that you're talking about in DEE-witt but I don't think it was that far. On Friday nights they would have flathead Friday. All you can eat flatheads for like $12 or $15. Little bitty place on the side of the highway. But on Fridays you'd have to park on the shoulder and walk a hundred yards to get there. I made myself sick many a Friday evening at that joint. Can't remember the name of it anymore.

#17 ·
I can and do backroad to docs about once a month, very good fish. The westshore restaurant is just down the road and some around here like it better, to me there is no contest, Docs hands down

There is a little joint just south of Fouke called Spruells. It USED to be the best ever...would put it up against Dougs any day. I don't know why happened but about 10 years ago it went downhill. I gave it a second chance but it was just as bad I I havnt went back. It's a shame too, their sides were just as good as the fish

#37 ·
Smoking Buns is pretty good. Pruitt's in Lonoke is pretty good too but it's a small place. I've eaten at the big table with strangers many times.

For steak, if your are in Dumas on a Thursday - Saturday night with a bit extra $$ in your pocket go to Taylor's. I ate way past being full but a baked potato, steak, and one beer was $48.

#38 ·
Ron's is probably the best in our area. So many places now serve fish that is off flavor. I just won't eat it, and to look at me, you can tell that I don't pass up much. BIL raised catfish for over 20 years. There's a lot more to growing quality fish than most people think, and if you don't start with quality fish, nothing you do after that really matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.